Hour after exercising

Options
Does anyone else experience this? About an hour after exercising I get extremely cold. Any idea what this means?

Replies

• wswing
    wswing Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time! I have no idea why so I will be watching for opinions on this.
  • abbzpwn
    abbzpwn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing!!!! I'm guessing because since we're burning calories we're losing heat because calories are heat energies. Therefore when we're losing energy we're also losing heat hence the feeling of feeling cold? LOL idk just a thought.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am thinking it's because when you are done. You have built up body heat..?? and after you cool down it seems to be colder. if that makes any sense at all
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I literally posted basically the same thread earlier this week. I am hot after exercising, and 30-60 min later, I am freezing and it lasts hours.
    People offered the following thoughts: get out of sweaty clothing soon after exercising, maybe low blood sugar, drinking lots of water makes you colder, setting weight loss to 1.5 or 2 lbs a week made it happen, but 1 lb a week didn't and maybe another one I can't recall off hand.
    Idk what the cause is for me, but i just know after I cool, it's going to be a hoodie and blanket type of night.
    You aren't the only one! Bundle up! ;)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I always get cold after so I get out of my sweaty clothes and have a warm shower asap. I think it's a combo of being hot and a lot of the blood vessels close to the surface of the skin expanding so you feel colder. It really helps if I can get into a warm shower before the cold feeling hits. Once I get cold it takes forever to warm up again.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to make an intuitive guess. I don't know for sure what happens but I think your body gets used to the heat when working out. You're blood vessels expand and constrict to keep blood flowing properly and you open your pores to sweat and cool yourself off. After your workout, you blood slows down, and your body continues to cool itself down even though your inner temperature is most likely normal.

Think of a luke warm pool, usually nothing that you can't handle. But now go into a hot tub first and let your body acclimate to the 100 degree temp for 15 minutes. When you jump into the same luke warm pool, it feels freezing!
  • Saucytee
    Saucytee Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! I joined a group called Ask the Nutritionist, and asked this question. Will share what he says when I get a reply.
  • Saucytee
    Options
    Sorry. Ask the Dietician.
  • Saucytee
    Options
    Hey ya'll. "ask the Dietician" couldn't answer me. So your guess is as good as mine!