Do you gain inches from exercise? I have

Options
sazhol
sazhol Posts: 28 Member
Since I have been exercising I have gained an inch on my legs and hips and lost an inch from my waist. I have been using my stationary spin bike at home and have recently started a karate class. I am losing weight slowly but am a little concerned from the inches I have gained. Is this normal?

Replies

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I also gained inches this month in my chest and my calves. My trainer told me that it was because I had built up some muscles in those areas. I also only lost 1 pound this month. The loss of one pound bothered me more than the inches gained. However I lost inches too which I am very pleased with Waist lost 9", Hips lost 2 1/2", Arms lost 1 1/2" each, and Thigh lost 2" each, Hopefully others will be able to contribute more info but I do believe this is normal.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I wish I could put inches on my hips and thighs and take it off my waist. I just don't add muscle that way. Rest assured that if you've lost an inch from your waist, you are losing body fat, probably more than the scale shows.
  • sazhol
    sazhol Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have never measured before regularly.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who was very overweight and actually gain a few inches of height. The doctor mentioned spine compression issue and slouching as a possible culprit. So basically, he could finally stand up fully.
  • abbzpwn
    abbzpwn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    muscle, baby!