Mud run anyone?

I just signed up for a 5k mud run. It just looked like fun. I recruited 4 of us with varying fitness levels. We aren't looking for records or anything, just a non competitive good time. Has anyone done one of these before? It's the Armageddon ambush 5k. Any tips?

Replies

• melizzzzard
    melizzzzard Posts: 21 Member
    Im doing the Zombie Race For Your Lives 5k in May! I am super nervous! I've never done a mud race yet alone a 5k. I am going with a friend who never works out at all and the rest of us work out a few days a week. It should be interesting! good luck!
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    I did a Tough Scramblers 5K last year and soo fun!! I did another one not soo competitive!!! That one I didn't like as much as the Tough Scramblers!!! You'll have soo much fun!!!!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 990 Member
    Fun!! Last year I did the Mud Terrain, the Dirty Dash, and the Warrior Dash! Loved it!!!
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Thanks guys. You confirmed it--I'm excited ;)
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    LOVED IT!! Did warrior dash last year, doing Warrior Dash this year, and Foam Fest this year!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    They're super fun!

I did Tough Mudder last month and am planning on another in November. Trying to get a team together, but not everyone is down with being electrocuted. :grumble:
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    I'm doing a rugged Maniac 5k obstacle mud race in September here in South Indiana. It will be my first time. I'm excited.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    They're super fun!

I did Tough Mudder last month and am planning on another in November. Trying to get a team together, but not everyone is down with being electrocuted. :grumble:

I can see why that would be a deal breaker. I guess I'm not that tough.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    I'm trying to get my brother to do a warrior dash with me in August. He's done one before, and a tough mudder. Give me something to train for.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    My tip is tight lycra like clothing. Loose cotton stays wet longer and gets heavy fast.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    the are sooo much fun!!! I am doing Warrior Dash, Color Me Rad, and possibly Conquer the Gauntlet this year! You'll have a blast~!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    I did a Marine Mud Run last year-doing a Dirty Girl this year. They can be tough-just have fun! And expect to be very sore the next day!

Wear tight clothes-otherwise they will be falling off once you get muddy and wet! Bring towels to sit on in your car afterwards, wear old shoes that you don't care about and duck taping them around your feet is helpful.
  • MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    I am doing a race a month this year, from 5k to a full marathon. I will be at Warrior Dash Oregon, Foam Fest Portland - Oregon, Dirty Dash in Eugene, Oregon. Next year I WILL be doing some sort of Zombie race :) Take your time and enjoy the race!!!! And yes, tight lycra like material!!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    They're awesome. Make sure to wear clothes that you don't care about because you will get dirty, shoes that are comfortable and fit well, and have an amazing time! Also, the muddier/ dirtier you get, the better it is. I've done the Dirty Girl, which is fuh, and am doing the Tough Mudder this year. Can't wait!
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Thanks again! I'm super excited. The gals I'm going with are super fun. I ran a half with one of them in 2011, and were scheduled to run another half this year. The other two gals just worked up to 5K so this is the perfect fun venue. This will be a blast.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    I've heard they're fun and seen the pictures afterwards I want to do one day