Giving up diet soda?

Options
NJL13500
NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
I am wanting to give up drinking diet pepsi. I have been slowly replacing my soda with water. My goal is to eliminate all diet soda from my diet. People who have been successful with this, any tips and tricks?

I have been having bloating issues lately and I think too much diet pepsi may be contributing to my distended and sore stomach.

Replies

• jkprof
    jkprof Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it in the end. I drank DP for at least a decade with lots of problems you mention. Cut out gluten and DP and have gone to iced teas or seltzer waters with no diarrea and other bloat problems. When i made the switch i did it slowly replacing one with the other. i add unsweetened cranberry water/juice to the mix because it is a liver and kidney cleanser. My tummy is slowly changing. Lots of sit ups and lower back work too. jk
  • Trimi
    Trimi Posts: 57
    Options
    I think you should do it. I used to consume 6 cans of Coke every single day (and it wasn't diet Coke either). I went cold turkey one day, and never looked back. It can be done, and it's easier than it seems.

If you still want to have a soda from time to time, Ginger Ale or Indian Water are both relatively better than diet Pepsi.
  • jsjp
    jsjp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I drink between four and eight cans diet dew. I have it down to like four now. I am drinking more water and i love iced tea with no sugar just lemon.
  • abrodniak
    abrodniak Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was told to drink a can one swallow per hour until it is gone no matter how nasty it tastes due to being flat and hot. I've been trying to give up my diet sodas also, so I think I'll finally give it a try. My friend swears I will never want another one after that.
  • koalaella
    koalaella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I missed the bubbles so I drink fizzy water with a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon. I also keep a glass pitcher of water in the fridge with sliced fruit in it. The flavor is great.