Holiday

Options
Hi my name is Kim, I have been trying to start losing weight since the beginning of the year. I start really well but then after about a week am back to my old ways again. The trouble is i love chocolate! I am going overseas in June and want to lose about 7kgs. Any help would be appreciated :)

Replies

• tanyathatsme
    Options
    I'm a chocolate lover too. Best advice I got was to clear out my kitchen of anything that would tempt me. Also if your tracking your calorie intake, you can work it so you can give yourself a little treat now and again. Good luck! :)
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth between doing a reward type system with myself and just cold turkey not having it available. Of course, today my son brings home Easter candy. :D
  • rainbowkim
    rainbowkim Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know Easter isn't the best time either! but i said i don't want any easter treats this year. I have bought a treat bag of 10g freddos which i have one a day and they have 54 calories each. I am careful what i buy as we all want to eat healthy in the house even if they don't want to lose weight. Thanks for the feed back.
  • raquel424
    raquel424 Posts: 38
    Options
    Out of sight out of mind is true, but I also don't like to deprive myself. Usually it leads to binging when you get your hands on it. So remove most of the treats , but make a system to give yourself a little bit now and then. Years ago I ate one tsp of Nutella a day as a treat so long I didn't have more sweets and still lost weight. Bottom line, have the calories allowance to treat yourself a bit. But also try to switch to less sugar dark chocolate. That can help too. Tell yourself, you only need a piece to savor it. That's all
    Best of luck
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    try to incorporate chocolate into healthy ways, and not having chocolate bars or other stuff like that. you can get unsweetened coco powder to use to make hot chocolate. i am not too big a chocolate person but i do get cravings for it. i mix chocolate protein powder in with oatmeal, its a really good breakfast or dessert. just try to stay focused, track everything you eat and exercise, and you should have no problem. just make sure you eat enough since under eating can slow weight loss. enjoy your holiday when the time comes!
  • rainbowkim
    rainbowkim Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys i am determined to get the weight off, and well done to all of you for the weight you have lost so far. My weigh in is tomorrow which will be one week!