Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need tips on how to get in my 8 glasses of H2O a day

No matter how hard I try, I can never drink 8 glasses of water a day. I have cut out all other liquids ( w the exception of an occasional glass of milk) but I just don't feel thirsty enough to drink that much water. I'm getting around 4 glasses right now. Is that enough? How much do u drink? Does hot tea count as water if there is no added sweetener?

Replies

• choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    I bought a 24 ounce Tervis cup. 24 ounces equals 3 '8 ounce' glasses of water! I carry it with me everywhere, and I no longer have a problem getting in my 8 cups a day.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Yes you can count the tea.
  • ninilynn70
    ninilynn70 Posts: 20 Member
    At work I also use a 24 oz cup. At home I use a 32 oz cup, fill it and drink it twice and I've gotten in my 8 glasses! If you are having trouble because you don't like water, try getting some zero calorie flavor packets to add to it.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Hi there 8+ waters a day. It wasnt easy but I can do it through my 750mls water bottle lol I dont know what it is but its easier for me. 750mls is approx 3 cups of water.
    Breakfast- 1 or 2 hotwater
    Morning tea to dinner time Ive drank 3x my 750mls water bottle. I dont know what it is but I can take sips on my bottle all day & amaze how fast I have to refill.
    Yesterday I also had wine so Im drinking other things as well.
    Get me to drink 8 cups of water, I cant do it. I know silly but my pump bottle works for me.
    Best of luck.
  • Natalya129
    Natalya129 Posts: 4 Member
    Tea counts! I replaced my morning coffee with green tea (since I can't drink coffee without putting creamer in it). I've also discovered some awesome fruit flavored teas from places like Tevana. I don't know if its the warm water or the flavor or if its just a psychological thing, but I've found that drinking tea helps keep the food cravings at bay in between meals.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Just drink it, you don't have to be thirsty. Buy a big water bottle (24 oz - you don't even have to fill up 3 times) and sip on it all day. Especially easy if you have a desk job, I probably drink like 20 cups a day, I just constantly drink it.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    I keep a six-cup water bottle at my desk while I'm at work. I aim for one before lunch, one after lunch.
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    I overload on water because its the only thing I allow myself to drink on a daily basis, with the weekends being my designated "cheat drink" day, so I have a diet coke, green tea, coffee, etc.. on those days.

If you don't like water plain, add some lemon juice. Does wonders!

If you have a hard time just drinking enough, make yourself drink one glass before or with each meal, and then designate other times to have a glass. Like make a note to drink a glass at 8am, another at 1pm, another one at 6pm, etc..
  • TRMite
    TRMite Posts: 60 Member
    I easily drink 24 oz during and immediately after heavy cardio. If you want to "feel" more thirsty that's the best way.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,310 Member
    I fill a 16 oz glass first thing in the morning and drink it before I go out for a walk. When I come back from the walk, I drink another 16 ounces. Then, I take water with me to work. If I get in a quart before I leave for work, getting in the rest isn't hard ( And I also drink a fair amount of coffee and tea).:drinker:

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Not all your water can be consumed in drinking tea and/or coffee without the creamor and sugar added. Both have caffine in them and they cause dehydration.

If you need to add something to your water add fresh fruit: lemon/lime/strawberries/orange/etc.

Also, I've had cucumber slices in water and its very refreshing.

I am with everyone who said to put a large water bottle on your desk and drink 8-16 oz before lunch and the same after lunch.

Drink 8 oz of water before you start your day when you first get up...it helps to get your internal organs to start working.

Drink even if you are not thirsty and being thirsty means you've gone to long without water and your body and organs are dehydrated.
  • You don't need to be thirsty before you drink water. Thirst means you're already 5% dehydrated. I believe I read that at 20% dehydration, you're dead. I work a desk job and take two stainless steel water bottles with me in the morning and refill them at lunch. They hold 3 cups each. With the water I drink at breakfast and when I workout, I'm now drinking a gallon a day usually. The more water you drink, the faster the fat comes off...at least that's how it is with me. It also flushes out the water weight because it rids your body of unnecessary sodium which holds it in. Also great for your kidneys, coming from someone who's dealt with multiple kidney infections from not drinking enough. Try to gradually increase it until you get at least 8 cups a day.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Get one of these, fill it and take it with you everywhere you go.
    300.JPG

Refill, repeat. :bigsmile: They come in 24 or 32 ounce sizes, are leak and spill-proof, and dishwasher safe. Mine goes with me everywhere, every day.

http://www.amazon.com/Contigo-AUTOSEAL-Water-Bottle-Ounces/dp/B003KZKE1C

You can also find them at Orchard Supply Hardware.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    If your urine is pale yellow you are hydrated enough. There is no science to drinking 8 glasses of water a day and any liquid you consume provides hydration. Did you know an apple is 85% water? I rarely drink just plain water and I have yet to shrivel up and day. There's also no proof that drinking large quantities of water does anything for weight loss.