New Mom Weight Loss at a Stand Still

Options
I am four months postpartum. I gained 55 pounds when I was pregnant and have lost 45. I have ten more pounds to go and want to lose more, but for some reason my scale won't go down. I burn 400-800 calories at least 4 times a week and eat about 1300 calories a day. I haven't seen the scale move in almost two months!! I eat mostly vegetables and fruits, and don't even remember what candy or chips taste like. I thought maybe because I was breastfeeding that my body was hanging on to the fat for baby feeding purposes. I wanted to know if this is true? I stopped breast feeding about a week ago due to some personal reasons and was wondering if this will help with my weight loss? Anyone have similar situations or any ideas why I am having so much trouble?

Replies

• rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I would try upping your caloric intake. 1300 is not a lot of food, especially if you were breastfeeding. I am breastfeeding and eat 1500-2000 cals a day and have been losing weight very consistently. Try eat 1600 calories a day for the next few weeks and see if that makes a difference. Your body won't let go of fat if it feels it needs to conserve it due to not being fuelled properly. That may be why those pesky last 10 pounds are still hanging on.
  • raquel424
    raquel424 Posts: 38
    Options
    You need to find out your BMR and TDEE calories and calculate how many calories a day you need to eat to get your body functioning and burning the stored fat. You only have 10lbs to loose and you say you burn 400-800 cals 4 times a week. Really sounds like you are not giving your body enough. Take a look at this article, get your numbers right and don't be afraid of eating. It's calories in vs calories spent , but if at the end of the day you have a huge gap between both, you are not going to see results.
    best of luck

link
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937709-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0