New Kitten - name ideas?

Options
Yesterday our four month old baby goat was killed by a dog, so today we got the kids a little kitten. It is gray, black, and white with white feet. Very cute and playful and I'm not even a cat person. Anyway, she needs a name. Any ideas?

Replies

• 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Yesterday our four month old baby goat was killed by a dog, so today we got the kids a little kitten. It is gray, black, and white with white feet. Very cute and playful and I'm not even a cat person. Anyway, she needs a name. Any ideas?
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Were going to need a picture! ~smiling~

Sorry about your goat. That is horrible. How was it? My border collie LOVES herding goats but would never hurt them. She is a nut. Once she ran up to a "fainting" goat. When the goat passed out, my dog almost had a heart attack.
  • timisw
    Options
    What about - http://www.cat-dog-names.com/cat-names.html

For some help?
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    hmm...
    mr snugglepuffs?
    socks?
    errr.... puppy?

i dont know we called our cats tom, rain, timmy and jerry

(we had a few jerrys:cry: )
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Schrödinger!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    is it a girl or boy?

We had a cat named Basil once.
    That's all I have for right now.

So sorry to hear about your goat.:frown:
  • 5KNohno
    Options

Sorry about your goat. That is horrible. How was it? My border collie LOVES herding goats but would never hurt them. She is a nut. Once she ran up to a "fainting" goat. When the goat passed out, my dog almost had a heart attack.

We have a border collie to and he LOVES our goats. We can't decide if he thinks he's a goat or if our goats think they are dogs. They eat each other's food, sleep together, play together. It was really sweet to see the baby goat curled up sleeping with our dog. We had taken the goats over to my dad's pasture because with the drought our grass was pretty much gone and hay and grain prices are really high right now. A neighbor dog jumped the fence and got it by the neck and broke its neck. Really sad.:brokenheart: My boys are old enough to understand but my girls (4, 2) have been asking for Patch all day.
  • 5KNohno
    Options

This is great. Thanks! :smile:
  • ciekay
    ciekay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your goat... :cry: How about "kid"...In honor of your lost pet...
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I had a supervisor once whose name was Maysoon. I thought it would be great pet name, although I wouldn't tell Maysoon that!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    hmm...
    mr snugglepuffs?
    socks?
    errr.... puppy?

i dont know we called our cats tom, rain, timmy and jerry

(we had a few jerrys:cry: )
    I :heart: mr snugglepuffs!... 2 cute!
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    Yeah, I'll try to get a picture up tonight. So far we have "narrowed" it down to Princess, Fluffy, Oreo, Stormy, Smokey, Ashes, Allison, Puffpuff, Cookie, Socks.
  • timisw
    Options

We have a border collie to and he LOVES our goats. We can't decide if he thinks he's a goat or if our goats think they are dogs. They eat each other's food, sleep together, play together. It was really sweet to see the baby goat curled up sleeping with our dog. We had taken the goats over to my dad's pasture because with the drought our grass was pretty much gone and hay and grain prices are really high right now. A neighbor dog jumped the fence and got it by the neck and broke its neck. Really sad.:brokenheart: My boys are old enough to understand but my girls (4, 2) have been asking for Patch all day.

Nia's face when that goat fainted was PRICELESS... She was pretty upset.

I am sorry for the little ones. That has to be ridiculous. The neighbor doesnt feel responsible?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic, but I felt it was somehow appropriate....

http://xkcd.com/231/
  • laureneva
    Options
    Yeah, I'll try to get a picture up tonight. So far we have "narrowed" it down to Princess, Fluffy, Oreo, Stormy, Smokey, Ashes, Allison, Puffpuff, Cookie, Socks.

:noway:
    go for something way way out there, be original be daring :devil:

something like... george? :laugh:

oh yeah meant to mention before sorry about the goat:flowerforyou:
  • 5KNohno
    Options

Nia's face when that goat fainted was PRICELESS... She was pretty upset.

I am sorry for the little ones. That has to be ridiculous. The neighbor doesnt feel responsible?
    Actually they felt pretty bad. Not sure how we are going to work everything out, but they actually came to us and offered to compensate for the loss. Thankfully we aren't having to deal with difficult people on top of everything else.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Tami get's pretty 'catty' around here, so I vote it's name should be 'Tami'.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I vote on Oreo!:bigsmile:
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    :laugh:
  • laureneva
    Options

:laugh:
    i see a cat fight coming on
    animal0019.gif

*i dont know why i chose the dog but the dog was cute