size confusion

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
my friend told me today i look like a size 2. while this is comforting, i am a size 9 and have a tonne of belly fat. go me.

Replies

• blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Well, that is nice! :smile: It is always nice to hear someone say we look smaller.

I know when I was "thin" I was wearing size 9 and sometimes a 12 and still looked thinner because I am so tall. When you are tall and large framed, you are always going to wear bigger sizes. Petite people don't get that.
  • shawnalmil
    shawnalmil Posts: 137
    Options
    there is another post asking what ppls weight and pant size is, im 233 lbs but i wear a size 24 and ppl just dont see how they think like 16/18
  • SunmayLo
    SunmayLo Posts: 16
    Options
    im 240 and i fit 18/20 pants. 22s fall down on me.
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's crazy I'm at 214 and wear at 14 pant but when i was at 232 I was a size 20...go figure.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    there is another post asking what ppls weight and pant size is, im 233 lbs but i wear a size 24 and ppl just dont see how they think like 16/18

i know, i started it :P
  • justkeeprunning
    Options
    haha nice! you totally should have gone with it, "why yes, i am a size 2, how did you guess!!" lol. :laugh:
  • mrsmillan
    mrsmillan Posts: 37
    Options
    its odd how that happens, but everybodys body fat is distributed in different places...
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    lol sizes are so funny and it doesn't help that different stores have different sizes...
    I am 267 and fit anywhere from 16-20. And I got into a medium on top @ H&M this weekend..seriously that was weird I know I'm not a medium in a regular store I'm just getting into a solid medium (some smalls) @ the plus size stores.
    When I was 390 I was 5X/26/28.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is strange how people could wear the same and different sizes

Right now i am 266 and I wear a 24 ..at my highest i was 318 and busting out of 26's (that is pants) , but like on tops right now i wear like 18/20 tops , i am not big up top and think that my bottom half is where i must carry more weight since i wear the bigger sizes down there...
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    No way saying my weight on here, but when I told the trainer how much I weigh, she thought I looked like I weighed a lot less. And believe me, she wasn't blowing smoke. That made me feel good! Especially when I've lost almost 20 pounds and NO ONE around me notices or says anything, even though my clothes are falling OFF me!!
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    I weigh 148 and I am still in size 11 juniors and I have been since I weighed 160. Everyone else thinks that I lie about my pant size and think I am a size 5.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I weigh 198 and am a size 14 :)
  • bmathies
    bmathies Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Numbers and weights can be confusing. I have dieted and my weight has yo-yo'd over the years. The last time I lost weight, I thought--"Hey, I wore my size 10's when I weighed this last" and went to my closet to pull my favorite jeans out...only to find they were still way too tight! It depends on how and where you carry your weight, and I think how muscular your body is. Take the compliment! Congrats!
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ugh... don't even get me started.
    years ago, I had lost down to 129 lbs. from 170 lbs.
    At 170, I was wearing a size 12 to 14. After losing that weight, I was able to squeeze into a size 9 skirt.

I found the skirt the other day when packing up some boxes. Let me tell you, the size 9 skirt from 15 years ago looks like a size 2 for today. I bet I couldn't get my leg in it!

Now I am 224 lbs. and where an 18/20.

I try not to focus on sizes because I know they are all screwy anyway. I just buy for fit.