do you eat the same things every day or mix it up?

Options
2»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Same things
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to have a limited range of meals and then rotate through them for some variety.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    It's a little silly but have you tried thinking in different colors? Alot of vegetables have different vitamins and minerals depending on their color. Maybe you could go for purple veggies at dinner one night, and orange the next?

*Please ignore the title of the link. It has good info despite the name. :)
    http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/fruits-vegetables.shtml

Thanks for the link, that was the kind of thing that I was wondering... If I am missing out on benefits of mixing up my veggies more. Thanks again

And thanks everyone, glad to know I am not the only one who sticks to what they know :)
  • anjay323
    anjay323 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Like alot of people here I basically eat the same breakfast and lunch M-F, slighty different on weekends. I do change up my dinners though. I take multi-vitamins just in case I'm lacking somewhere. Had a full metabolic panel test type thing at my doctor and she said I just need more calcium. I think if you feel healthy, then stick with what works for you. Haven't heard too much about scurvy type things for the main stream public ;)
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My breakfast usually consists of the same things and I just switch it up now and then. Fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs, etc.

Lunch is either usually a salad, or I might go out for sushi or something with my family.

Dinner is almost always different. Whether we go out for dinner, or make something at home. It's never the same.|

But I do know what you mean, it's so much easier to just eat the same thing every day. Sometimes I'll do that if we have a lot of leftovers. But if not, I'll find something else~
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Breakfasts and lunches are usually the same daily. I may mix up whatever veggie I have at lunch or what fruit I have for a snack but the main idea is the same. Dinners are never the same unless we have leftovers.
  • careena1
    careena1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    EATING THE SAME FOOD IS EASIER TO TRACK, BUT I TEND TO GET BORED AND SOMETIMES GET OFF TRACK IF I DON'T MIX IT UP A LITTLE.
  • PixieChick24
    PixieChick24 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every single morning, rotate between a few different options for lunch and snacks, and then dinner I switch up frequently. I do find it much easier to track and I actually don't get bored. The reason I eat the same things are because I like them so much. :smile:
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    try to eat the same...i eat way better if i have things planned. it's just easier
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I frequently make the same meals over and over again - for example, for dinner I quite often make sausage with vegetables and either potatoes or pasta - cause it's easy
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i eat a decent amount of broccoli. i like it in stir fry with sugar snaps, baby carrots and broccoli and then i serve it with brown basmati rice and chicken breast cut up and mixed wit the veggies. i also like steamed broccoli and butter beans in the can juice. i like the Glory southern seasoned beans. sometimes i make broc chicken alfredo, sometimes i roast veggies on a tray in the oven. i even add broc to the mac n cheese, i dont eat it but the bf does and everyone needs veggies lol
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same foods, mostly because I'm kind of picky and I don't really like cooking. That does make it hard to come close to my target, though.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    THERE. IS. NO. SUCH. THING. AS. TOO. MUCH. BROCCOLI.

though sams club does have a really great frozen California blend too (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot) that might branch out your veggies a bit. low sodium or rinsed canned spinach is awesome too
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat and drink the same foods everyday and have to make it a point to mix things up...because I read somewhere recently if I eat the same things day in and day out, my body will get accustomed to it and actually become allergic to the things I'm eating constantly. I don't know if that's true or not,(it's probably not true) but it has influenced me to make it my business to mix things up a bit.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Same breakfast daily. Lunches mostly the same ...dinner differ each night in a rotation type scheduling.
  • t7mitch
    t7mitch Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's a little silly but have you tried thinking in different colors? Alot of vegetables have different vitamins and minerals depending on their color. Maybe you could go for purple veggies at dinner one night, and orange the next?

*Please ignore the title of the link. It has good info despite the name. :)
    http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/fruits-vegetables.shtml

Thanks for this info! very helpful