SOMEBODY noticed!

Options
Mavrick_RN
Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
Today at work somebody asked me "Have you lost weight?" Music to my ears. I have not said anything to anybody at work that I am trying to lose weight. Just doing it. I read on some thread that people start to notice at about 20 pounds. Well I just hit 19 pounds lost and right on time I got the feedback.

I'm feeling so successful and thinking I can do this. It's not been a big struggle, just a mind set of "this is a lifestyle" so don't do anything too radical. My trainer is really trying to get me to clean up my eating. No soda, no processed foods but I can't go too far too fast. So I'm making small changes. Letting go of the worst stuff first. No McDonald's, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, etc. (But I still have lunch at Taco Bell with 2 Fresco Tacos). Soda one day a week. (I used to drink at least 6 20oz bottles of Diet Dr. Pepper a DAY!) One bonus meal a week. (That includes AYCE buffets)

I guess I'm feeling guilty for being successful when I really haven't "suffered" enough. (I'm not Catholic but I went to Catholic school so I must have picked ujp some of it)

Replies

• cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I, too, have not told anyone at work (except my boss), but I have yet to have anyone say anything to me. I don't see a difference in me, so I don't know if anyone else does either. I have gone down a couple clothing sizes, but I still have the "fat" mindset, so it's difficult for me to see a thinner me.

I love my new lifestyle too...it's not difficult to follow. As you said, it's a mindset thing ~ a lifestyle change. My husband and I are doing this together. It's been really easy.
  • januarykim
    januarykim Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Its nice when someone else notices...and I can't wait for the same to happen for me. Great job...and I like your philosophy-'this is a lifestyle, so don't do anything radical'.
  • arsimpson1
    arsimpson1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Best feeling in the world
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    great job! keep up the good work!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

And on the soda issue, if you can find it, look for the Dublin Dr. Pepper, it's the cane sugar formula and it comes in the tiny six(maybe 8) ounce bottles, and therefore is perfect for a little indulgence. And as a happy side effect, since it is cane sugar instead of corn syrup, it is not quite as syrupy sweet, so it is helpful for weaning off preferences for very sweet things.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing this in a realistic and sustainable way that works for you!
    Keep it up :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Way to go
  • maybemarina
    maybemarina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bet that is so inspiring! Don't feel guilty because you haven't ''suffered'' to lose the weight... that just means you're doing it right :smile: Good job & keep on going!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! It definitely helps us stay motivated when people start noticing it. :drinker:
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's the best. Don't feel guilty..keep on going!! :)
  • tstancom
    tstancom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the progress:-)
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! Keep it up!!
  • Kateweighs138
    Options
    What a great feeling! Well done and I respect your perspective. Making this a journey towards a healthy lifestyle keeps it fun and exciting. The 19 pounds? Awesome bonus. Congrats and keep going!!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats on someone noticing and the 19lbs lost!
  • lilunsure
    lilunsure Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!....Doesn’t that just make your day when someone notices….Congratulations!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It never gets old. After I lost 100 pounds I would run into people I hadn't seen in a long time and they would look puzzled for a second, then there would be a slow dawning and then this stunned look. Just never gets old.
    Enjoy it!
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    At my work we wear these not flattering uniforms that make just about everyone look super dumpy. It is pretty awesome when someone notices that I have lost weight especially at work :)

Keep up the awesome work! It took almost 40lbs before anyone at my job said anything.
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions. It's a good sign when colleagues notice as they see you most days so are less likely to notice gradual changes than someone who you see less frequently. You must be looking and feeling much better! Keep it up. :smile:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss OP.

But just for the record Jack in the Box and Wendy's are WAY better than Taco Bell.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!