Leftover kale

Options
I have a bunch of kale left over from a soup I made this afternoon and was wondering if anyone had any good recipes to use it up? This is the first time I have actually ever bought kale so I'm clueless. Thanks!

Replies

• GnomeLover1984
    Options
    My sister mentioned something about Kale chips? I don't know...she is a vegan...she may be hallucinating or talking to plants or something.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I love shredded kale on pizza. It gets really crispy and crunchy.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I made kale chips with my leftover kale (from soup, same as you) for the first time yesterday. OMG. So good. The "recipe" I used was this one: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/crispy-kale-chips-recipe/index.html
  • hayleeannie
    hayleeannie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like to saute kale with some olive oil, a teaspoon of honey, red pepper flakes, and salt . It's sweet and spicy and yummy:)
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    Use it for smoothies. I don't like the taste of kale, (but love how nutritious it is) so I put it in a smoothie with some pineapple juice, a frozen banana and some protein powder.
  • laura0001
    laura0001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are yummy. You can google recipes, but essentially it is kale ripped into pieces, and baked for a little while with a little oil and salt and pepper.

I love kale in smoothies, just don't over do the kale itself, and balance it with banana, frozen fruit, milk, water, etc.

Kimberly Snyder has a delicious Kale Salad recipe if you google it.
  • lindseybrookexo
    Options
    I like to saute kale with some olive oil, a teaspoon of honey, red pepper flakes, and salt . It's sweet and spicy and yummy:)

that sounds delicious! going to have to try that.