Moms with little ones - Need to lose 15-30 lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• JenS2586
    JenS2586 Posts: 85
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me :)
    I have a 6yr old, two 17month olds and baby due in 7weeks.
    I log daily. I have 20lbs to lose after baby to be at my old weight and prob will aim for another 10lbs after that. So 30lbs total.
    [I'm not counting pregnancy weight cuz I've only gained 12lbs so far and usually I gain 30 and lose it all after baby or babies are born]
  • Jessimaaka
    Jessimaaka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have 23 to lose till my first goal. I've lost the 50 I gained while pregnant with my 7.5 month old, but now am working on the weight from quitting smoking before I became pregnant. I am still on mat leave, but will have a demanding job once I return...I can barely fit exercise in now, not sure how this will work once I go back!
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have two littles ones and 21 lbs left to lose. I workout in the AM because when I do it in the evening it is too late and I don't have restful sleep. I had to commit to it and I love it. Looking forward to losing with you all.
  • BethHanson
    BethHanson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! 27 year old mommy of a 2 1/2 year old daughter and a 4 month old son! I'm looking to lose at least 30lbs! Really want to lose it in the next two months but I know that's not really realistic! Good Luck to all!
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    hey there, i have a 8 month old and id like to lose 10 pounds, it so so hard to exercise but i seem to do it, luckly my partner can take him but soon itll just be me( partner working away) when that time comes ill be using the jogging stroller alot and short intense workouts either in the morning when bubs asleep or in the arvo were i can set my baby up with some toys and he may play for about 20 min .
  • Atrianna
    Atrianna Posts: 9
    Options
    I'd be happy to join! I lost the 30lbs I added with my daughter, who is 2, but I'd like to drop another 30.

Made some changes a couple months ago, the biggest one being cutting out most meat. I still eat chicken soup occasionally and some fish, but that's it. It's made a HUGE difference in being able to stick to my calorie limit, as well as forced me to experiment and get more fruits and veggies in myself.

I'm currently on day 14 of the 30 Day Shred, which I do during my daughter's nap. My goal is to have the rest of the weight off by Christmas, so I'm not trying to rush myself. I'm a snacker, so my focus is on eating small meals more often, and keeping myself busy so I don't snack.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'll be having baby #2 in about 2 months and then I'll be in the same boat--hoping to lose baby weight and a few extra pounds!
  • mumb3th
    mumb3th Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Mum to 4 kids, ages 19, 17, 10, and almost 2. My oldest is in college and has already moved away and my 2nd oldest is moving in September. So far I've lost 10 lbs and have 30 more to go hopefully! I find time to exercise when my baby naps and we go for walks with her carriage when the weather is good. She hates it when I work out to a video or wii dancing because I'm not totally focused on her so I don't do it as much as I want to! I'd love to have some friends who also have small kids and babies!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)

I have a 4 and 8 year old.
    I started losing weight about 2.5-3 years ago.

I still have about 10-15# I would like to lose, but am trying to focus on reducing body fat and building muscle so I might not reach that number.
  • gracetoo
    gracetoo Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello! I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old and I need to finish off the last 15 pounds that I would like to lose.
    I started here more than a year ago now and have gone through phases of being able to lose the weight and stick to it and then fading off and letting things run away from me and not putting in the effort!
    Please feel free to add me!
    I'm always looking for new tips and tricks!
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    I'm a momma to a sweet little boy (age 4).

I'd like to lose 20-25 lbs.

sw: 185 (Jan. 1/13)
    Cw: 164
    GW:145, maybe less. We'll see when I get there.

I'm 5'6.

Feel free to add me :)
  • LadyRuhon
    LadyRuhon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am actually still pregnant, but my doc has okayed what I'm doing. I am due any day now and have been following an 1800 calorie diet the full term of my pregnancy. So far I've only gained 12 pounds and we are both very healthy! (I gained 30 with my 1st and 31 with my 2nd and was just a few pounds from my goal weight each time I got pregnant... including this time. I told the doc it is hard for me to see the scale go up that much and he recommended the calorie level)
    However, I want to get my weight down to about 175 (my previous goal has been 185. I keep getting soooo close and then pregnant. My hubby and I feel our family is complete, so that shouldn't be happening again. I am really looking forward to delivery to see what my body does and how I can get it back in shape.
    My boys are 6 and 3 and I've got a girlie on the way.
  • amymcs
    amymcs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I have 26 lbs to lose and have a 2 1/2 year old and a 8 month old. This is my first day on MFP! I'm good at starting exercising and eating right but always fall off before reaching my goal. I'm looking for friends who are consistent. I would say my daily "need" for chocolate and other sweets is my biggest problem.
  • Bananarheanna
    Bananarheanna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me too!
    I have an almost 5 year old and have about 22lbs to loose for my big goal, but I might try to loose a little more after I get there. I'd love some more buddies. I'm on everyday tracking!
  • tanzz9
    tanzz9 Posts: 37
    Options
    HI ladies

I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I've lost 19lbs and would like to lose another 15-20lbs.

Would love some Mummy friends so feel free to add me :). I'm here everyday
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a 9yo, 6yo, and a 6 month old. The two big ones are in school all day, which makes it easier to get workouts in.
    I have been doing jillian michaels dvds, watp, and turbo jam along with the elliptical.
    I want to lose about 20-30 lbs. i am nursing right now and loosing very very slowly. It can be really hard to stay motivated but I am just doing it. Getting ready to take the baby on an hour walk, hopefully she will nap.
    Feel free to add me.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'll send a FR! I'm a Mom of 3 girls (3, 6, 9) and need to get the last 20-30 lbs off that's been fluctuating since my last little one. If anyone else would like to add me please do! :smile:
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have a little girl that is almost a year old and I'm on a journey to become her best healthy role model :flowerforyou:

Looking to lose about 15 pounds.
  • kayleysmom2006
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time posting to the community, but I've been logging consistently for about three months. I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old. I'm aiming to lose 22 pounds before orthopedic surgery and hopefully another 10 or so after, once I can exercise at a higher intensity again. I find without a lot of exercise I have to stick to the lower end of my calorie allotment to lose anything, so it's hard going. I'm down 11 so far: half way to my first goal.