Happy Meals (For women)

Options
After reading an article is Cosmo (believe it or not) I decided to share this bit of information about what foods are good throughout your cycle. It starts with the first day of your period...

Day 1-5: You're emotionally sensitive right now. Magnesium-rich chow (spinach, whole grains) and foods with omega-3 fatty acids (salmon, sardines, walnuts) will steady your nerves.

Day 6-13: Rising hormones insulate you from stress, so you'll find it easier to eat healthfully. Now's the time to load up on fruits and veggies.

Day 14-17: All of your senses are heightened-including taste. Indulge in fabulous gourmet foods, such as cheese, lobster, beef, and good wine.

Day 18-23: When progesterone peaks, the bowel slows down. High-fiber dishes like brown rice, barley, and vegetables will combat constipation while keeping your energy up.

Day 24-28: PMS calls for comfort food, but pair your favorite carbs with protein to stabilize your blood sugar. Ice cream is your best bet--it's sinful and satisfying!!

I thought this was really interesting and could definetely help to make me feel better at certain times in my cycle. So, it's food for thought! Enjoy friends! :bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    After reading an article is Cosmo (believe it or not) I decided to share this bit of information about what foods are good throughout your cycle. It starts with the first day of your period...

Day 1-5: You're emotionally sensitive right now. Magnesium-rich chow (spinach, whole grains) and foods with omega-3 fatty acids (salmon, sardines, walnuts) will steady your nerves.

Day 6-13: Rising hormones insulate you from stress, so you'll find it easier to eat healthfully. Now's the time to load up on fruits and veggies.

Day 14-17: All of your senses are heightened-including taste. Indulge in fabulous gourmet foods, such as cheese, lobster, beef, and good wine.

Day 18-23: When progesterone peaks, the bowel slows down. High-fiber dishes like brown rice, barley, and vegetables will combat constipation while keeping your energy up.

Day 24-28: PMS calls for comfort food, but pair your favorite carbs with protein to stabilize your blood sugar. Ice cream is your best bet--it's sinful and satisfying!!

I thought this was really interesting and could definetely help to make me feel better at certain times in my cycle. So, it's food for thought! Enjoy friends! :bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    kistinbee,

Sounds like this may be quite helpful. I had my whole grains this morning, so it looks like I'm on the right track... :wink: Thanks for sharing this information!

~ Chandra
  • rissa1322
    Options
    im going to try this!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Here's those meals for certain times of the month!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I am loving the ice cream part :tongue:
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Thank you for the info. Very helpful.

Connie Lynn:smile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Here's the bump!
  • delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Options
    Gonna bump it again...

Does anyone else feel hungrier during their cycle...I know I sure do!

Any other solutions?

-D
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Can I skip the other days of the week and just stick with this one? sigh...
  • kistinbee
    Options
    That's be nice, right!?! We could...but I think we'd be cursing ourselves afterwards!
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Interesting!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Bump
  • kistinbee
    Options
    bump
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Bump--always interesting to me...thought I'd bump!