Body Fat Percentage

Options
Hmmm

i just went on to fat 2 fit to get a % body fat and mines is 28.2 is this possible wih a weight of 218lbs?

this seems quite low

Replies

• KNaseby6
    KNaseby6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just did mine and i weigh 82kg's, my waist is 36 inches (I'm 164 cm's tall) and it came up as 32%. I used free dieting.com :)
  • Rickjuh
    Rickjuh Posts: 67
    Options
    19%
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    Make sure you do military body fat %. The reg one gave me 28% when I weighed 315lbs lol.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    It says 24% for me.... I'm measured at around 15%. I'd say it was highly inaccurate
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    See Leigh Peele's blog for a free download on the best ways to measure body fat percentage. Some ways work better than others. The free download is great, and it includes pictures of men and women at different body fat percentages so you can also do estimates by looking in the mirror. If you use two or three different methods you can see if the numbers are roughly the same or very different... if you get very different numbers from different ways of measuring or estimating body fat, then you know one or all of them are incorrect... if they're all mostly the same, then they're probably not far from the truth
  • kirstyb393
    Options
    Thanks goodness - just thought I would check lol I knew it wasn't right x
  • xxxtracyxxx
    xxxtracyxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how I was gonna measure it! Thanks all! lol
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I bought calipers for about 1.99 on ebay and they were like 2% away from what the electrical impedence measurement I got, so I think they were fairly accurate.
  • JannerTone
    JannerTone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I went to my local gym, they have a "Body Composition Analyzer" there, it gives you a reading of everything you need to know!
    Here is a link to what it does;

http://www.ehorton.com/HHI/documents/tanita.pdf
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    online calculations are fairly inaccurate for me. I have been pinched at 18.2% and the handheld at 22% so im somwhere in low-mid 20's
  • Jude_V
    Jude_V Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I went on Fat2Fit and did all three:

Custom Body Fat Calculator 29.7%

Covert-Bailey - 37%

Military - 54.2% - :(

I thought I'd use the middle one but when I used that to calculate my Ideal Goal Weight it came out at about 30lbs heavier than my ideal (which I know because I weighed that amount most of my adult life)...so I did the calculator again using 54% as the BF% and the Ideal Goal was nearer the 135 I should be...

Much as I hate to admit it - I'd recommend using the Military one....and bite the bullet (pardon the pun)...:) http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/
  • WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I got 26.16%, with a height of 5"4' and a weight of 129 Lb.
    I really should cross reference it though, I've only tried it on one site.
  • kirstyb393
    Options
    obviously need to re do it then
  • mhicks41935
    Options
    It depends on how tall you are.
  • kirstyb393
    Options
    It depends on how tall you are.

5ft 5in