Suggestions?

Options
I joined on 3/9 & started with the recommended 1,200 calories. Thanks to a reply from a friend on 3/11 I upped my calories to 1,800. Since then I've lost 2 lb. (yea) & my caloric intake has been all over the board (1,510 - 1,887, higher days r weekends, lol)! I'm happy I've lost weight but every time I weigh in its only been 1/2 lb. a weight loss yes but I was hoping for at least 1 lb. each time. I was eating a bit below the 1,800 calories because I wasn't quite sure of the accuracy of the calories posted in the database. This past week I changed my calories to 1,700 per day thinking this might increase the weight loss. My loss this week was again 1/2 lb. I'm wondering if I should do another week at 1,700 & see what the loss is next week or if I should go back up to the 1,800? I know I should be thrilled I'm seeing a loss no matter how little (and I am!) but I was thinking it would be a bit more. One of the websites I went to suggested cycling your calories daily (for example 1,800 - 1,650 - 1,700 - 1,525 etc) has anyone tried that or do you just stay as close as possible to your number? I'm just thinking "I've got 50 lbs. to lose & at a rate of 1/2 lb. a week it's going to take me 2 years! Another thing I am doing is trying to meet my protein each day while keeping the other macros close without going over. I am doing weights 3x week & cardio at least 2 - 4x week. I'm burning 300-500-ish calories depending on what I'm doing. Sorry this is so long! Suggestions?? Thanks

Replies

• kcworkingdiver
    Options
    My only suggestion is to watch your sugars - even if they are natural sugars.