The Evil Scale

Options
doomspark
doomspark Posts: 228 Member
My scale is evil.

Last night, I relocated it to another room. This morning, it tells me I've lost ten lbs. Put it back in the original spot, and the 10 lbs come back. Moved it to the new location, and the 10 lbs went away again.

Testing ensued. In the new location, a 14 lb bag of catfood weighs 14 lbs. At the old location, it weighs 15 lbs. Tried it multiple times at both locations. A 20 lb weight weighs 20.01 lbs at the new location, but 21.6 lbs in the old spot.

While it's not a *real* weight loss, I do feel better for seeing the numbers drop.

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Ahhh man your scale is punking you
  • yum2leal
    yum2leal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When I'm losing weight, I really really love my scale. But when the numbers are increasing or has not reduced, I dread it :laugh:
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Mine is Satan himself, lol
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Was the new room possibly carpetted? Carpet vs. a hard floor would give you different results?

P.S. All scales are Satan's sperm
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've gotten so discouraged lately because the scale is barely moving. I went to buy some new pants and got a size smaller jeans (skinny jeans even) and they fit great.

I actually don't own a scale at home. I can only weigh in at Weight Watchers or the gym.
  • monikalama
    monikalama Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thats the reason why i chucked my scale in the bin.. Was making me frustrated by not moving.. I don't have a scale now, Every now and than i weigh myself at gym and rely on tape and mirror. Scales are worse enemy of ours.

P.S use it in hard floor for better measurement but don't trust that evil *kitten*.
  • culbersontwit
    culbersontwit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yup. I discovered the carpet vs. hardwood thing. Need a solid, flat surface under the scale.
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Both locations are hard tile.

And it's hard NOT to obsess about numbers, even though I know I shouldn't.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    LOL - your scale isn't evil, it's flipping awesome!

***she says as she leaves to move her scale around to lose at least the 1.6 lbs she gained overnight!!********
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd share.........

I seriously did just try 6 different tiled areas in my house and the weight was exactly the same in all but 2. Those 2 were exactly the same, but 1.4 lbs UP from the 4 others. Then, for sh*ts and giggles, I weighed on my garage floor, which has that indoor/outdoor flat carpet. It was exactly the same as the original weight and the 4 other tile spots. My final spot was my living room carpet, where I weighed 10.6 lbs less, 3 times! Damn it, my experiment did not help me one bit! Guess I'm stuck with the original spot cause I just can't justify weighing on my carpet!!

:drinker:
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The evil scale is not so evil when you use multiple "yard sticks" to measure your progress. Here are two of mine: NSV and measurements. We have an unhealthy obsession with the scale, myself included. I'm trying to undo that training. If I have a week where I don't lose or maybe gain 1, I'll whip out the ol' measuring tape :)
  • Nitabug36
    Nitabug36 Posts: 65
    Options
    I HATE THE SCALE!!!
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Was the new room possibly carpetted? Carpet vs. a hard floor would give you different results?

P.S. All scales are Satan's sperm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Haha I think your scale is possessed...

stupid scale :smile:
  • rosabud
    rosabud Posts: 20
    Options
    This week, I moved my scale about a foot in my bathroom, and the weights varied by about 12 pounds! I was so upset! I usually weight 3 or 4 times, and take the middle weight, since my scale obviously isn't accurate. Maybe it's time for a new one...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!