WHAT SHOULD I DO?! EASTER DINNER!!!

Options
I feel like I will have NO willpower when it comes to eating a bunch of food this Easter. Plus I have to go to 2 dinners at least in the same day. What should or can I do??

Replies

• nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Eat well and stay withing your calories on Saturday. Sunday, choose as many healthy options as you can (load your plate with veggies), enjoy spending time with your family, and don't stress so much. If it *really* stresses you out, do some cardio Sunday morning if you have time and it will give you a bit more calories for the day.

Monday, stay within your calories again.

Personally, I'm doing a long walk on Saturday, and Sunday I'm not logging at all.
  • OneDayFree
    OneDayFree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not having dinner this year. I'm going walking instead - I did the same thing for Christmas dinner - it works.
  • Lotusstarr
    Lotusstarr Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You're going to 2 dinners? And your asking what you should make for dinner? Let them cook... take an easy day...make sure your portions are small.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Eat a lite meal at both. Don't worry about logging everything (just do a manual calorie entry). Enjoy the day but try to eat "responsibly", and watch out for those liquid calories! Do visual estimations, like 3 oz of meat is about the size of a pack of cards, etc... :bigsmile:
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    Enjoy a cheat day and get back on track on Monday.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I personally am just not logging. With everyone making different things, it would drive me crazy to figure out how much of this and that. I'm gonna have a hard time too, but I think just getting smaller portions and eating the better foods first will help a lot! It's a day to celebrate Jesus! So, focus on Him and not the food...
  • LadyRuhon
    LadyRuhon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to drink a mason jar full of water on the way to the host's house and sometimes I will eat a salad before I leave home. That way I'm not STARVING and don't feel the need to load my plate. I also try to picture my plate as a saucer and only put food in the center smaller portion of the plate (or sometimes I will just get a saucer. It really tricks the eye/mind into believing I've got a full plate.)
    Oh, also, if I take a bite of anything and it's not delicious, I don't waste my calories on it. I simply move on to the next item on my plate.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It's one day. It all averages out and won't make a bit of difference. Enjoy your dinner.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Just have a normal dinner and save calories for chocolate :laugh:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    EAT!!! EAT LIKE YOU'VE NEVER HAVE BEFORE!!!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    lots of veggies, small amounts. expect to be forced for a second plate, so make sure your 1st plate is TINY!
  • marnie4ever
    marnie4ever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love what you said about Jesus!!! I will do that too AND for all the different personalities that will be there I will eat crunchy veggies and keep on focusing on how much Jesus loves them all!!! :-) Happy Easter to you!!!
  • 4everchanged101
    4everchanged101 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I will be exercising to make up for it. :)
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it! I'll be eating loads and losing any possible gain over the following week :) this is for life so a day once in a while won't hurt.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone worry about what will I do? Eat, don't eat. Does it matter? Personally if you can't control your habits when a holiday comes then you have no hope. It's one day yes, but one day can make you think the next day can be the same. Just eat like you normally would, log it & deal with it.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Enjoy Easter and get back on track Monday.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My plan is to eat really slow!!!!! I also called my mom and told her not to cook for 100 people....she tends to do that. I remember last Easter I over did it!!! So I will be more careful this year!!
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will be making dinner for the family,by the time I clean the house, prepare all the food I'm usually not that hungry. I will try to have a regular portion, and definitely save room for some Cadbury mini eggs, my favourite. Oh yeah and a glass of wine or two!!!
    Happy Easter everyone....
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I feel like I will have NO willpower when it comes to eating a bunch of food this Easter. Plus I have to go to 2 dinners at least in the same day. What should or can I do??
    Eat, enjoy (try not to eat more than you actually want to) and carry on as usual the next day.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,163 Member
    Options
    Eat them realizing that time with family is far more important than one day off eating at a calorie deficit. Then get back to eating the way you want to the next day.