Tomorrow is now.

I'm sick of being big, I'm sick of being self conscious, I'm sick of being the biggest girl in the room, I'm sick of saying I'll do it tomorrow, I'm sick of me. It is time for change. I don't care what it takes, I will be skinny, I will be fit and I will learn to love my body and treat it the way it should be treated. Tomorrow is now.

Replies

• JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Sounds like you've made up your mind! That's the hardest part, so you'll do great! Good luck!
  • Tenzuya
    Tenzuya Posts: 64
    Good to hear it, do your thing girl =)
  • lisagregory01
    lisagregory01 Posts: 35 Member
    Yep. Been there done that! I even wasted January and February and the last 5 years of my life with those same feelings. But no more. I'm not going to waste any more time with waking up being fat and having regrets and saying today is the day. That was yesterday! Today I have lost 7 pounds, have gotten out of the 160's and I'm feeling great about myself. I'm not finished on this journey yet but I'm moving forward knowing I can do it and feeling great about today and tomorrow and not regretting anything.
    Log every bite!
  • Here are some things I have copied from MFP for motivation over the past year. Hope this is motivating for you.

Fat is not a state of being.. or an emotion.. or anything other than stored energy. Fat has no control over you, no bearing on who you are as a person... it's just excess stored energy. Think of yourself as the squirrel who stored a few too many nuts for winter- now use the nuts and move on. :-)

What I have realized after successfully logging for 140 days and losing 15 pounds and gaining a lot of muscle is that there
    is no one trick to loosing weight. All you can do is just keep doing it. Don't give up. When you don't feel like going to the gym GO...If you eat bad don't give up try again tomorrow. What determines if a person will succeed is not if they are perfectly following their diet 100% of the time but rather for HOW LONG you stick to your game plan. After awhile the healthy eating and regular workouts become so routine you don't even have to force yourself to do it....it is just your new healthy lifestyle : )

"Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog"

Just For Today: I will be grateful for what I have and proud of myself for continuing to make healthy choices and keeping junk food at bay.
  • And it it "all goes to hell" here is what I look at:

If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Go get it!!! You got this
  • I've learned myself that tomorrow never comes, you only have today. I put it off for too long. Eating a fattening breakfast and then saying oooo todays already ruined I'll start tomorrow. I did that for far too long. I finally say Today is the day on February 20, 2013, and i feel so much better.

Congrats on the first step! To a new you.