herbalife new, need friends

Options

Replies

• mvpara
    mvpara Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been using it for 2 weeks and have lost almost 3 lbs. Slow progress but progress.
  • ilovetimtams
    ilovetimtams Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oooh Perfect forum to find. I just started 2 days ago including today with the help of a nutritionist as well. So far, I feel more energised for sure. Have read so many not so good reviews but am still staying optimistic as I have read just as many great reviews. I'm going to go through and friend a few on this post, surely need all the help I can get :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Oooh Perfect forum to find. I just started 2 days ago including today with the help of a nutritionist as well. So far, I feel more energised for sure. Have read so many not so good reviews but am still staying optimistic as I have read just as many great reviews. I'm going to go through and friend a few on this post, surely need all the help I can get :)

What's the point in a nutritionist if you're taking a meal replacement? If someone told be to take a meal replacement, I'd know they had 0 qualifications in nutrition (assuming I'm otherwise healthy).
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started herbalife and pretty strict almost a week ago. Id like more feiends who are using the same plan.

1st post.. check
    Mentions herbalife ... check
    Followed by other first time posters who say it's awesome.... check
    FTC Investigation into allegations that Herbalife is a pyramid scheme... check

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100542685

It's always a little unnerving when a diet product's endorsements all comes from members with one or two posts.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why don't you join a Herbalife website? This one is for tracking calories consumed via food and calories burned via exercise.

It doesn't seem like making a permanent lifestyle change is what you are after. It will still be here, though, when you are finished with Herbalife and start eating normally again.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    No
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    My sister did herbal magic, apparently it's similar. She constantly complained that she felt cold and eventually started loosing her hair and had to stop. She also complained that her teeth were feeling loose. I later saw a thing on CBC and a lot of the comments from people who did it had the same complaints. One said her doctor told her to stop doing it.

Enjoy!

From http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2010/magic_in_a_bottle/main.html: "When my hair started falling out and my teeth started to disintegrate (literally) I consulted my Dr. who told me I was not getting enough calories or proper nutrients, and to get off the program immediately!"
  • ambrchrstn
    Options
    Not the same at all.
  • ilovetimtams
    ilovetimtams Posts: 6 Member
    Options

What's the point in a nutritionist if you're taking a meal replacement? If someone told be to take a meal replacement, I'd know they had 0 qualifications in nutrition (assuming I'm otherwise healthy).

Nutritionist appointed by health board (clearly qualified) because I have extreme hyperthyroid problems and it's not just the meal replacement part because its not a diet it's about the other meals and education. It's not about a meal replacement, it's the science to it to getting all the important nutrients into one meal. Try it, you might find it helps you. Certainly is helping me.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is but I have lost more weight eating real food. If you struggle to lose weight, then you need to learn how to eat. How does a meal replacement diet teach you how to eat?
  • kiorio
    kiorio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Friend request me so we can motivate each other. I have been on Herbalife for almost a year and LOVE the products!!!!
  • Butterscotch82
    Options
    I am also an Herbalife user. I have done the program before a few years ago. Herbalife combined with this app should be a great combination. My only problem is that some of the supplements make my head ache. The total control gives me the worst headache ever. The tea is good but it has me too hype and sweaty.
  • IronSmasher
    Options

Yes it is. All these post are just people pretending to be other users. Check their post count.
  • IronSmasher
    Options

Yes it is. All these post are just people pretending to be other users. Check their post count.

I though so!!!

Thanks for clearing that up buddy.

Edit to add: I like your dog!
  • mkadar66
    mkadar66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted yet, but I'm a real person who just started using the product. I like using MFP in conjunction with it because as time goes on, I don't honestly desire to "drink" 2 meals a day. Perhaps is it is a pyramid...but I don't really care. I'm not a distributor, I just buy the stuff. It has worked for me...and I guess it should...considering 2 meals are about 200 calories each. Maybe the folks posting didn't post much before because they just got started on Herbalife. I was encouraged to use MFP by my "coach" as I call her to have an easy way of tracking what goes in my mouth....just a thought....good luck in whatever way YOU choose to lose weight! :)
  • Chopzfitznezz
    Chopzfitznezz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My brother lost over 100lbs on herbalife alone year before last. My order arrives today. Cannot wait to start. I attempted to start it with him and lost 20 lbs the first month. We will see how things go with Herbalife this time around.
  • nikkochic
    nikkochic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP. So have yet to make other post.

But i can say and a actual person. Whether others believe it or not really does not matter to me.

My wellness coach does provide healthy tips on eating the right foods. Not just herbalife products. I have been herbalife since 1/28/2013. I have a tea, aloe and shake for breakfast. A healthy lunch of healthy foods of my choice with tea. Dinner I include the herbalife meal protein and protein with raw veggies and fruit as a smoothie.
    I snack up to 3x a time of healthy fruit, veggies or nuts.
    Zumba 4x a time, toning classes 2x a week. With my own cardio or tone choices totaling working out 5-6x a week.
    I have lost 20lbs and toning along the way.
    I feel whatever path you choose to put you in the right direction of a healthy living life you should go with it. What may not for one may just work for someone else.

Stay positive everyone and keep on your path to healthy fit.

starting weight 230 current weight 210
    Nicole
  • vick441
    vick441 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I though so!!!

Thanks for clearing that up buddy.

Edit to add: I like your dog!

Well, I guess you may take a closer look at the herbalife products and talk more to people who are actually using them, if you wish :) Any profit that is generated there IS FROM PRODUCT SALES and product consumption, there is no other source of money in the company market plan. I'm with Herbalife 3 months now, the products work "magic"!
  • vick441
    Options
    Hi, I started herbalife and pretty strict almost a week ago. Id like more feiends who are using the same plan.

How do you go with it, malissa, over the last 2 months? Anything to share here?
  • vick441
    Options

Nutritionist appointed by health board (clearly qualified) because I have extreme hyperthyroid problems and it's not just the meal replacement part because its not a diet it's about the other meals and education. It's not about a meal replacement, it's the science to it to getting all the important nutrients into one meal. Try it, you might find it helps you. Certainly is helping me.

We've got one woman in our community here diagnosed with a non-functional thyroid, she's got outstanding results after being 10 months on the programme! I can share more about it if this appeals to you