Favorite "under 500" restaurant meals

Options
I have recently discovered the potato-crusted whitefish at Bob Evans is quite tasty... I also like the garlic-steak at Applebee's. Both items on the "Under 500" menu. What are your favorite restaurant meals that fall into the healthy fare category?

Replies

• jameswilson29
    Options
    Sushi
  • MileHighTexan
    MileHighTexan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chili's Mango Chili Tilapia (ask for double broccoli no butter instead of the rice). Another wonderful meal out is fresh oysters (no need for saltines!) and some boiled peal your own shrimp with a big fresh salad.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Sonny's grilled chicken breast, baked beans and 1 slice of garlice bread under 500

Logan's healthy nut grilled chicken breast, with fries and a side salad under 500 and the chicken is awesome
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    subway is always a good fall back for me. i can eat like a cow with a tasty foot long turkey for just over 500 calories. i love the shrimp and chicken dish at applebees. i think that is under 550 calories. red lobster has this shrimp trio thing. not sure the exact name. but that is also around the 500 calorie range. it comes with rice and veggies and 3 kinds of shrimp. also mcdonalds has an egg white sandwich for 280 calories that is pretty darn good and filling for an on the go breakfast. a large sugar free ice coffee from mcdonalds is 120 calories. a nice treat that has to be my favorite.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday's - Creole Catch with grilled zuchini and green beans
    Outback special with green beans and a salad without croutons and fork dip the dressing
    Texas Roadhouse beef kabobs...I sub the rice for a double portion of green beans

I've got more..I've been doing this a long, long time and the hubby likes to eat out a lot!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That chicken with shrimp from Applebee's is really good. I liked the light chicken burger at Chili's also, and the lettuce wraps from cheesecake factory (but I should have got more food, I was still hungry). The skinnylicious grilled turkey burger from cheesecake factory was delicious too (I ordered it without mayo too).

Some of these are 600 calories or so though. We like going out so I've been trying out new things.
  • rynomite57
    rynomite57 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just posted about Seasons 52. Fresh food, light, each dish under 475. Check it out.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    We are going to one of my faves today ~ Honey Baked Ham Cafe :) I always get a 1/2 of a smoked stacker sandwich (260 cals) and a side of the Mandarin Pineapple Dream (it's like a fluff - 130 cals) for a grand total of 390 cals. I drink unsweetened tea or water.

Chickfila has a great chargrilled sandwich for 290 cals. Their fruit cup (medium) is 70 cals. Or if you are in the mood for a big salad, their chargrilled salad is only 180 cals!! The chargrilled chicken and fruit salad is only 220. A cup of soup on the side is only 140 cals (med. cup of chicken noodle).
  • MooseKnuckle5
    Options
    I just posted about Seasons 52. Fresh food, light, each dish under 475. Check it out.

Oh so true! ^ Amazing food there!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few at the Bonefish Grill.

Bang Bang Shrimp tacos are the first that comes to mind.

I can usually get out of their with about 800 calories and that is sharing an appetizer and 1 drink.
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    These are awesome! Keep them coming!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I liked the Napa Chicken with Portobellos at Applebee's. 450 calories. That's not enough calories for me for dinner, so I add a bowl of soup.

The Wood Grilled Shrimp Skewers lunch at Red Lobster comes in at 350 calories--you can have one of their garlic-cheese biscuits and still only be at 500.

For fast food, I like:

Taco Bell: two chicken soft tacos fresco with a side of black beans--380 calories

KFC: Grilled 2-piece white chicken with mashed potatoes & gravy and green beans--445 cals, and 53g protein
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Taco bell - 3 fresco soft chicken tacos - 450 calories
    McDonald's - Classic grilled chicken burger with no mayo and caesar salad with grilled chicken and low fat Italian dressing - 540 calories

Haven't found anything at Wendy's and Burger King that would fill me up for around that much though.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Longhorn Steakhouse...YUM! Great steak, salad, and veggies. Then Pair it up with a Skinny Triple Citrus Margarita;)
  • kjmusch
    kjmusch Posts: 1
    Options

Oh so true! ^ Amazing food there!

I'm about an hour away - this sounds like it would be worth the trip when i hit my first goal. I just joined today and love this site.