My success yet sad story

Options
Last year I was dieting like crazy. I weighed 180 pounds and was only 18 years old, and 5'2". I dieted from February to August and got down to 130. I was so happy with motivation and willingness to stay fit, but then college started and i started to gain weight again. I was so sad and discouraged. Food was my best friend. I got up to 159. Now, I am at 150 and plan on being at 120 by August. Just have to keep my head up and remember how good it felt last year!

Replies

• MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and battling loose skin from losing a lot. I just wanna have a time where I know I can be comfortable with myself and food. I was 346.4 at my heaviest 3 years ago yesterday
  • steppphhhhanie
    Options
    At least you are on the right track and losing weight :)
  • Jenn5024
    Jenn5024 Posts: 27
    Options
    You've done it once, you know you can do it again! Keep up that mindset and momentum and you'll be 120 before you know it!

Good luck!!
  • JustRenea
    JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 19....lost 50 pounds before college...went to college...gained it all back within the first year and a half.. back to losing it tho ..20 pounds down XD
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! It sounds like you have your goals set which are reasonable. Most people want to lose weight fast which is not what you want to do.What type of fitness program do you have in mind? What type of nutrition plan do you plan on following? Diet and exercise are the equation in reaching your goals as well as it becoming a healthy lifestyle change. Good luck in reaching your goals and if you want support and motivation feel free to add me as a friend and I would be more than willing to help.
    Lisa:smile:
  • JazzyTimmy
    Options
    Wow - you lost 50 pounds in six months! Dude, don't worry at all about your current weight. You got this!

By the way, you can enjoy food without gaining weight. It just takes planning.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot my first year at college too. I've been out of college for just about 6 years now, and really just started losing weight. You'll get to your goal!
  • e_hayes
    e_hayes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a similar sort of thing happen right after I graduated college in a lull period before I started my job. I definitely ate my emotions and gained a lot of weight, and I'm still working to get back on track. But on the right track!!

You can definitely do this! Don't think of it as a sad story, stay positive!! You did it before. Channel your energy back into getting fit and keep kicking butt!
  • ThomasRGrady
    Options
    The weight yoyo is a real issue for all of us. For some reason we aren't built to reject food as comfort and it becomes such an important part of our lives at times, we neglect to realize where we are. HOWEVER .. there is an answer. We find a place like MFP, find people who are going through the same difficulties and finally have others who understand and support us through the good times and the bad.

Don't let the small difficulties color your world. We all have the same issues (perhaps in different ways) and we want you to succeed as much as you want to be successful. I know ... I've been struggling with my weight for more years than I like to admit (despite being so good looking *laugh*) and this is the first place I've been (including Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers) where I felt people are there for me.

I know you will succeed and become the body you want (not the person, because you already are.)
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm working on breaking the addiction of food! Part of this is learning what has really been making me unhappy and causing me to turn to food for emotional reasons. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm seeking professional help with this.
  • LeenBess
    LeenBess Posts: 12
    Options
    You said it......remember how it FELT to be at your goal. That's the trick.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Remember... this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle. It never ends,
  • smickey827
    smickey827 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keep going, slowly and you will do it! I know the feeling. In it together. :smile:
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I remember the first year of college of being a really stressful time - it's such a huge change from high school, isn't it?

I think it's great that you stopped the weight gain before you gained it ALL back... how many times have I done THAT before? Too many to admit here, thank you very much. :blushing:

I remember there being sooooo many options at meals in college, not to mention all the beer. Also, eating at the cafeteria had another psychological effect, which was, "what if I get hungry before the cafeteria is open again?" That sometimes made me overeat to make sure I wouldn't get hungry before the next meal time. Eventually, I learned to squirrel away an apple or banana in my bag for later, just in case I needed a snack.

You can do this! Just take the time to plan ahead and make good choices.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!