Easter-Cook healthy or cheat day?

Options
Inshape13
Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
Just throwing this out there and wondering what others are doing for the holiday. Are you cooking healthy alternatives or splurging for the day?

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It's my wedding anniversary and birthday this Easter so I'll be indulging :smile:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Just another Sunday. The only difference, since all my girls are grown up and moved out, is that we won't be hiding eggs, making Easter baskets and eating a bunch of candy. So...I guess that means eating healthy.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    We're doing brunch with my in-laws this year. I'm always the one that brings the token "heatlhy" dish, so I'm bringing egg white turkey sausage quiche. I eat healthy out of habit, holiday or not. :)
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    We generally do ham and most family will do a sandwich(I don't do bread) and then I do a light version of potato salad and I may have a few Robin Egg candies, but other than that I plan on sticking with the healthy foods as well.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    We're having crab legs with drawn butter, rice and rolls.

Probably some form of desert or candy.

I plan on eating until I'm full and then stopping.
  • ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy. It's just another day to me
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. So while I'll eat some ham I won't over do it. I'm going to log everything before I eat. I have my menu all planned out. While I'll have hollandaise sauce on my asparagus I'm not going to smother it. Just a light drizzle will be enough. One corn muffin that I've made before and know the calorie count for. Some ham and small sweet potatoes. Got angel food cake for dessert with fresh berries and a little real whipped cream. No booze for me. All it does these days is set off hot flashes and make me miserable so going to stick to water with lemon.
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    I just had smoked trout with pasta for my dinner seeing as its good friday, I will indulge with a cupcake tomorrow but trying my best to avoid chocolates but will be doing a lot of walking as well.Planning to log it all to keep an eye on the damage lol
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Splurge day for me;)
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Caution: I was told if you use popcorn in the stuffing to reduce calories you'll blow the *kitten* off the turkey !!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    A little of both. We're doing a turkey dinner with stuffing, roasted red potatoes with rosemary and olive oil. Guests are bringing sides.

Also making lemon bars and peaches and cream pie.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Splurge day for me too. I won't be over stuffing myself but I won't be counting calories either. A friend is bringing apps so I have no idea what those will be and I'm making twice baked potatoes and NOT making the healthy version of them. :) Oh, and I promised my son homemade waffles for breakfast too.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Holiday and healthy eating are kind of taboo at my house. Brunch at church follwed by Easter egg hunt for grandkids at my house