Cutting, Bulking for women -Help!

Options
Hey everyone,
I'm hoping to change up my diet and fitness routine, to include cutting and bulking. I would to pack on muscle, gain strength, and ultimately lose fat... But I have no clue where to start, or how to prepare for this. I've tried looking for more information online, but I've haven't found much info on how to start, what i need to do, and how much to eat in each phase. im also not too sure how the workouts differ between the two. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to lifting, my DH is an old muscle-head from the 80's and I thought I could brush up a bit on some of the concepts rather than just to rely on what he remembers (his memory can be rusty sometimes :laugh: )

Starting Strength by Mark Ripptoe might be a good place to start. I got the kindle version (on my samsung tab) from Amazon for 1/2 the price of the paperback version.

Helped a great deal. Even DH approves....something about another old muscle-head by the last name of Starr.

edited for typos
  • phishn4peace
    phishn4peace Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Crossfit covers all the things you want. I highly recommend it.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    BTW, my DH is typical of muscle-heads....hard to convince but a true believer once he sees results.
    I don't know why but there are only certain people he will even bother to listen to, Mark Ripptoe (probably because of his affiliation or familiarity with the Starr guy) Arnold (I don't know how corny that is but it is what it is), and his style of lifting seems to center around old timey stuff from the 20's through to the 50's.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    This was posted yesterday: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/940303-my-lady-bulking-memoir-pic-heavy

I only read the first two pages yesterday but it had a bunch of helpful info then and it's gotten longer since...

Beyond that, I can't help you much.
    One of my pals was doing a bulk but lost weight during every weigh-in lol
    Hopefully she'll see this in my feed and comment lol