Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5k times?

XoXoCountryGalXoXo
XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm starting training for a 5k tomorrow! Just curious to see what times people have finished with. :) Anyone else training?

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    I'm training, but slowly by doing the Couch to 5k (or C25k) found on coolrunning.com. No times yet as each week is something different, but hopefully by August, I'll be able to say I have a time :D Good luck and have fun!!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    My one and only 5K was the first of May and I ran it in about 31.30. I walked a little because I started with a faster pace that I should have. You can do it just start off slow and steady. Add one minute at a time for stamina and don't worry about your time.

Good Luck,

Todd
  • wvnut
    wvnut Posts: 1
    i ran in a 5k today and finished in 26.02min.....fastest time was by a little skinny guy 15.44 min.....average time was about 21 min
  • beckerj
    beckerj Posts: 6
    It takes me almost 39 minutes, but I just started and had never even ran a mile in my entire life! I am 35 now! It is now becoming easier and I am going to start running it faster! I was just happy to be able to run the entire thing! I did the couch to 5k program!
  • beckerj
    beckerj Posts: 6
    I also did the couch to 5k! Love it! The first week seemed so hard when I started, and now I can run 3.2 miles once a week! I now want to start increasing my times. I never ran a mile in my life before this program! It works!
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    We did ours in 32 minutes. Not fast by any means but I think it's a pretty realistic time for someone who isn't a runner like me.
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    My best time is 20 minutes. My average time is 24-27 minutes.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    I'm starting up running again with the couch to 5K and hope to run my first 5K in September...I will be happy to finish the race and hope to be between 40 to 45 minutes total.

I wouldn't worry about the time for the race...focus on being able to do the distance the speed will come with time.
  • I can't seem to develop that love for running, I just hate it...lol. However, I did run a 5k this past January and finished in 28:05. With the pace you have, it should be absolutely no problem for you. I think in races people tend to run so much faster than normal because that competitive spirit kicks in. Let us know when you do one and what your time is.
This discussion has been closed.