Starting the 2nd month of Insanity next week

Options
jaina08
jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
I only lost 5 pounds on the first month of Insanity. I'm trying to lose 11 more pounds. For those of you who have finished or are on the second month how fast did you lose weight? I'm hoping that I lose a lot more on the second month.

Replies

• brydo86
    brydo86 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat - BUMP!
  • jaina08
    Options
    Anyone who has done or is doing insanity experienced more weight loss of the second month?
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have heard that most see the weight loss happen in month 2. I didn't lose hardly any the first month, but I can tell that I did lose inches. I started month 2 today and I'm crossing my fingers that the number on the scale finally starts to move down!!!!!

The first workout I did was a killer!! I thought month 1 was hard, it's nothing compared to the workout I did tonight. I was burning anywhere between 300-400 cals during month 1. My first month 2 workout, I burned 598 cals and was almost sick towards the end!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    now im eating my nails lololol!:sad:
  • chip40
    chip40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Insanity and P90X both helped me lose weight by putting it into my workout routines, but I have to honestly say it was not the videos that did it for me, it was changing my eating habits. When I started really watching my calorie intake in conjunction with P90x, Insanity, running and doing more cardio machines as opposed to mainly weightlifting, the lbs started coming off. Remember, the key is basic, burn more calories than you are consuming. Iv noticed when using the fitness app if I am below 400-600 calories below my limit for 5 out of 7 days a week, I lose around 1lb a week. But If Im only hovering 100-200 calories below my daily limit, it takes me about 2-3weeks to lose a lbs. With working out and doing the videos, you body adapts and it becomes easier, so if you are going to stick with Insanity, you got to really really push yourself each time. Don't slack or try to pace yourself to finish the video and the lbs should keep coming off with a good diet and staying at least 400 calories below your allotment for the day.
  • chip40
    Options
    Here is another tip, I recommend buying a heart rate monitor to see how hard you are really working. A good cardio workout that is conducive to burning fat and losing weight is between 135-170 beats per minute (bpm) and you want to be within that range for at least 30mintues. I have a heartrate monitor synced with my Nike Running Watch, so Im always looking down at my watch during my workout and when doing P90x or Insanity. So when I fall below 135bpm, I know Im slacking and just push harder.
  • jaina08
    Options
    I have heard that most see the weight loss happen in month 2. I didn't lose hardly any the first month, but I can tell that I did lose inches. I started month 2 today and I'm crossing my fingers that the number on the scale finally starts to move down!!!!!

The first workout I did was a killer!! I thought month 1 was hard, it's nothing compared to the workout I did tonight. I was burning anywhere between 300-400 cals during month 1. My first month 2 workout, I burned 598 cals and was almost sick towards the end!

I noticed that it looks like I lost inches as well making me think that I should be losing a lot of weight. I can't wait to start month 2 and hoping that the scale will move down/much faster also!
  • jaina08
    Options
    Here is another tip, I recommend buying a heart rate monitor to see how hard you are really working. A good cardio workout that is conducive to burning fat and losing weight is between 135-170 beats per minute (bpm) and you want to be within that range for at least 30mintues. I have a heartrate monitor synced with my Nike Running Watch, so Im always looking down at my watch during my workout and when doing P90x or Insanity. So when I fall below 135bpm, I know Im slacking and just push harder.

I was thinking about buying one, how much are they anyways? I feel like I'm pushing myself when I start to breathe pretty hard. I don't know if that's the way to determine if I'm really working hard enough or not? And when my legs start to hurt. Then I take a short break when I feel that way. I am also eating healthy, much healthier than I did before Insanity.
  • jaina08
    Options
    Btw, does anyone know how fast you start losing the weight on month 2? Does it show after a week? A few days?
  • chip40
    Options
    Good brand is to buy is Polar Heatbeat Monitors. I like it as well, because it also syncs with all the cardio machines at the gym (treadmill, stairclimber, etc). In addition, once you set up your personal settings like weight and height on the watch, it will give you a pretty accurate count on how many calories you burned for that workout and you can just pop that into myfitnesspal. But for home, make sure you get the watch and chest strap combo. You can find them on Amazon for $65 or so. Its sounds pricey but totally worth the investment, when I forget it at home when I go to the gym, I'm totally bummed. But to answer your second question, just because you get out of breath or legs are burning does not mean you are hitting that BPM fat burning zone consistantly and for long enough.
  • jaina08
    Options
    Chip40: Thank you for the info!
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly done with Insanity, I'm on week 3 of month 2. First month I put on 6/7 lbs BUT I lost inches. Then by the middle of week 1 of month 2 those pounds dropped and I lost another one and now I'm losing about 1 lbs a week steadily. I honestly would not worry about scales, I've gone down 2 sizes and I am smaller than when I used to weigh less..(if it makes sense!) . I took 2 days off after 3 workouts beginning of month 2 as I got burnt out and it helped a lot. You need to eat a bit more for sure or you will not make it through. Also get a good HRM, I use polar f4.
  • Eyesblu
    Eyesblu Posts: 60
    Options
    since starting insanity I haven't lost a thing. This is my third week of insanity. I was losing fine prior to insanity but now..not a thing. possible inches haven't gotten a chance to check that yet..
  • ATHFat2Fit
    Options
    I can't speak to the weight loss related to Insanity but I will say to be prepared because (at least for me) the second month of Insanity was much more difficult than the first month. Not saying that to scare you but just so you're prepared to buckle up and really get after it. I've been doing Insanity off and on lately but am getting ready to start the official program again on Monday the 1st and I want to do the before/after pics, etc. so I can send it in and get my free tshirt that I failed to do the first time through. Enjoy and keep working hard!

#DigDeep :-)
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I think your focus is wrong...take measurements and pictures and throw the scale out. The scale doesn't always tell the story. People get to fixated on the scale. Yes month 2 pushes you and typically people burn more cals and see better results.
  • jaina08
    Options
    I'm nearly done with Insanity, I'm on week 3 of month 2. First month I put on 6/7 lbs BUT I lost inches. Then by the middle of week 1 of month 2 those pounds dropped and I lost another one and now I'm losing about 1 lbs a week steadily. I honestly would not worry about scales, I've gone down 2 sizes and I am smaller than when I used to weigh less..(if it makes sense!) . I took 2 days off after 3 workouts beginning of month 2 as I got burnt out and it helped a lot. You need to eat a bit more for sure or you will not make it through. Also get a good HRM, I use polar f4.

Nice, I'm glad to hear that you started losing the weight by the middle of week 1 month 2. I'm hoping that happens to me too. I am really eager to see results in the scale but I know everyone keeps saying to stay away from it. I will also get my measuring tape out soon and check again if I lost inches! I was also comparing my pictures from when I used to weigh 117 and a picture of me now at 131 lbs and I feel like it looks the same suprisingly! So hopefully I do look lighter now compared to before just like you. Maybe because of muscle? Also my weight has been fluctuating a lot during month 1, it would go up by 2 pounds then back down again. Is that normal?
  • limahmae
    limahmae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh this post so helps me. I just finished week two. I got on a scale yesterday and was a little disappointed to see I didn’t lose any weight though I do see the change in my body (inches). I was thinking of giving up and that may this may not be working but I am going to hold out a little longer since I see that you kind of went through the same thing. Thanks for the motivation.
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Scales are lying *kitten*. Tape measures are your friend in any workout program.

I didnt lose much weight at all until the end of month two, however I lost at least 2-3 inches and my muscles showed significant gains.

You are going to put on leg muscles doing insanity. Which means that if you are doing it and your scale goes up a little or stays the same you are still losing fat.
  • limahmae
    limahmae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Scales are lying *kitten*. Tape measures are your friend in any workout program.

I didnt lose much weight at all until the end of month two, however I lost at least 2-3 inches and my muscles showed significant gains.

You are going to put on leg muscles doing insanity. Which means that if you are doing it and your scale goes up a little or stays the same you are still losing fat.

wnbrice - Yes I soooo see that now. I am motivated all over again. Ready to go hard on week three.