Scale Victory resulted in a NSV

Options
So about 3 1/2 weeks ago I hurt my knee and have been kinda discouraged because I have had to cut back to low impact exercises and stop doing squats and deadlifts and had just started to see some real gains in the weight I was lifting. I knew it wasn't going to really stop my weight loss since that is 90% diet and I just made sure I was a little stricter doing this time. When I went to see the Ortho 3 1/2 weeks ago he ordered an MRI because he thinks it may be a MCL tear but because I was over 400lbs (425 at the time) it had to be done on an open MRI and being from a small area there was only one open MRI and the earliest we could get teh MRI scheduled was going to be 3 weeks out. Last night was my MRI appointment. I got there about 30 min early as requested and the nurse at the reception desk said they were running about 1hour behind because someone had freaked out in the regular MRI machine and it was an emergency situation so they had to move her to the Open MRI machine. I was supposed to be at the gym after my MRI so I was about to call my trainer to tell him I would not be able to make it when the nurse asked why I was scheduled for the open MRI and wanted to know if I was closterphobic. Told her no that I was told I was over the weight limit for the regular MRI and she kinda snikered and said you know the weight limit is 400lbs and you dont look like you are that big. I couldn;t help but smiling when I heard her say that and told her well 3 weeks ago I was 425 but I am actually under 400 for the first time in about 8 years and weigh about 395 right now. She congradulated me on my weight loss and said since the lady that freaked out was moved to the open MRI there was no one in the regular MRI machine and was able to get me in so I could still my my gym time. So even tho I still can't do the exercises I want to be doing at this time it was great to see that the work I was able to still do over this time has been paying off.

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! Hope you're healing up well and can get back at it soon! :drinker:
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Even more amazing that one of your primary concerns was getting to the gym when you are injured. Way to keep going!
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    Excellent! :bigsmile:
  • janeensan
    janeensan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How COOL is this :) Good for you!

You're doing an awesome job. keep up the good work! And you're so right in keeping in mind that diet's the most important part, so don't let this *temporary* time of not being able to work out discourage you. You can still keep on target!

Yay for you!!!!!
    I'd do a cartwheel in your honor, but it just wouldn't be pretty....so we'll leave it at that :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!