Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Zumba

jamboree1006
jamboree1006 Posts: 16 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone out there tried or wants to try zumba? A friend of mine told me about her going to Zumba classes, which totally didn't work for my schedule, but I got the DVD and have started working on them. They SOOOO make you sweat and I find it fun. Would like to know if anyone else is doing or wants to do to get a challenge going.

Replies

• TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    I take Zumba class twice a week and if I could take it everyday I would!!! Love it!!!

Teri
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    I have the dvd set and try to do them at least 3-4 days a week. I love it!!!!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    My gym offers Zumba once a week, and this past week was my 2nd time. I can't dance to save my life, but I still burn 800+ calories in the hour of class. It is fun, and that's all that matters to me. Maybe one day I'll be able to keep up completely with the instructor and class! I don't think my fitness level is quite up there yet. I have a whole new respect for dancers now!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    I have not tried it yet but really want to. I was just looking at our exercise on demand on time warner this morning because it has dance also. It has the sulsa on it, but I didn't see any zumba. I can't find any classes offered in the town I live in, but then again, I feel I would be like April522 and not be close to able to keep up, and then I would get embarassed. Maybe I try to find a zumba dvd for beginners! Goodluck with it!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    I have not tried it yet but really want to. I was just looking at our exercise on demand on time warner this morning because it has dance also. It has the sulsa on it, but I didn't see any zumba. I can't find any classes offered in the town I live in, but then again, I feel I would be like April522 and not be close to able to keep up, and then I would get embarassed. Maybe I try to find a zumba dvd for beginners! Goodluck with it!
    I couldn't keep up the first week or 2 in aerobics either, but I finally caught on. It just takes a little getting used to, so I'm going to stick it out. It helps that a lot of other people can't keep up either. :p
  • XoXoCountryGalXoXo
    XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
    My sister and I both really want to try Zumba! Once I get switched back to 1st shift(hopefully soon!) we will be trying it! Our gym offers beginner classes that teach you the basics.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    I really want to try it, it looks like so much fun! Anyone know of a good class in the Edmonton area?
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    I've been to 2 classes so far - one at a gym in Toronto I went to whilst visiting my mum and dad, and one here in the UK.

The one in Toronto was good - the teacher was really enthusiastic (but not annoying), the class was busy but not insanely mobbed...even though I went off in the wrong direction at one point, it was still fun - and I could definitely feel I'd worked hard, you know? It was definitely a workout.

I went to another class here in Edinburgh, and it was RUBBISH! The teahcer was a little annoying, she kept repeating this one daft move where the entire room of 70+ women would shimmy and shout "WOOOO-OOOO!" Oh for all that is good and holy, there is NOTHING more annoying that a room of women making that noise.

I'm planning to try out another class near my flat, as I've heard the stupid noises are not typical of Zumba classes. I've also heard there is hope that not every teacher uses track after track of Shakira either!

Yikes!
This discussion has been closed.