Dating

Options
AIZZO4
AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
So you guys were awesome with my topic so I thought I would post another on.

I am a Craigslist guy. I love to look at the different sections including, romance. I like to see what kind of men/women people are looking for. One ad I noticed was from a woman who described herself as a “BBW.” One of the lines in her ad was, “I am looking for someone who will take a chance on me and accept my as a bigger girl.” I think that is really sweet, however, later in the ad she says, “I am not into bigger guys, athletic guys are what I like.” I know, seems two-faced. But it got me thinking:

1. She wants a guy to accept her for being big and take a chance on her, but she does not want to take a chance on a big guy. Is she wrong for that? The heart wants what the heart wants, right?

2. Just because you are a bigger guy/girl, that does not mean you have to date a bigger guy/girl right?

3. Would you date a bigger guy/girl? What if this person has everything you would want in mate except for the fact they are big?

4. If you are a bigger guy/girl, do you ever feel like people expect you to be with someone big? Or if you are dating a smaller person, do people look at you funny?

As always I would like to get your thoughts.

Replies

• JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I would give anyone a chance. Doesn't matter big, small, short, tall....you can find something special in someone you least expected to find anything in. I know people are attracted to certain things, but in my opinion physical attraction is fading because people change so you better find something special within someone or you are doomed :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Well everybody has a type, that type may not exactly correspond with THEIR body type.

I mean well to me this woman sounds a bit more shallow than I am, however... maybe she finds what she wants.

Or maybe in a few months she realizes she needs to change her plan of attack a bit.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have dated guys that are short, tall, heavy, skinny, etc. I can honestly say that physical apprerance has never been a big deal for me to not date a guy.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

1. She wants a guy to accept her for being big and take a chance on her, but she does not want to take a chance on a big guy. Is she wrong for that? The heart wants what the heart wants, right?

2. Just because you are a bigger guy/girl, that does not mean you have to date a bigger guy/girl right?

3. Would you date a bigger guy/girl? What if this person has everything you would want in mate except for the fact they are big?

4. If you are a bigger guy/girl, do you ever feel like people expect you to be with someone big? Or if you are dating a smaller person, do people look at you funny?

1. No she's not wrong. More power to her

2. Get in where you fit in.

3. No but I might sleep with them if they were attractive.

4. No when I was big and dating average sized girls they assumed I was extremely funny or rich.
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    12 issues for a healthy relationship
    1. vulnerability
    2. understanding
    3. empathy
    4. compassion
    5. respect
    6. trust
    7. acceptance
    8. honesty
    9. communication
    10. compatibilty
    11. personal integrity
    12. consideration.
    If your relationship doesnt have at least 90% of these, your relationship needs to be looked at. People tend to look over the bad when in love then when they fall out of love they tend to look at the bad and say thats why. The simple truth is you didnt have these 12 previously mentioned. I would enjoy feed back on these 12 from any of you.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I do find that a little funny, but overall I agree that the heart wants what it wants

you can date anyone with whom there is a mutual attraction

Part of the "everything" I want is a strong sexual attraction and connection to and with my partner. I have never been attracted to very overweight men. When I was with my partner a long time ago and he put on weight, I found it difficult to find him attractive and our sex life suffered for that. At the time he had all the qualities I wanted my partner to have, but the reality is that people are whole, not a bunch of parts jammed together. His personality, in addition to his physique, was at times a turn-off to me, despite him being all I wanted.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I would give anyone a chance. Doesn't matter big, small, short, tall....you can find something special in someone you least expected to find anything in. I know people are attracted to certain things, but in my opinion physical attraction is fading because people change so you better find something special within someone or you are doomed :)
    I agree
  • AIZZO4
    Options
    I do find that a little funny, but overall I agree that the heart wants what it wants

you can date anyone with whom there is a mutual attraction

Part of the "everything" I want is a strong sexual attraction and connection to and with my partner. I have never been attracted to very overweight men. When I was with my partner a long time ago and he put on weight, I found it difficult to find him attractive and our sex life suffered for that. At the time he had all the qualities I wanted my partner to have, but the reality is that people are whole, not a bunch of parts jammed together. His personality, in addition to his physique, was at times a turn-off to me, despite him being all I wanted.

So it was his personality too?
  • ATHFat2Fit
    Options
    I agree

I double agree or second the agreement or something... or I guess I agree too.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Myself, I would consider intelligence, a sense of humor, and a kind disposition important. Looks/body aren't important unless the person is unhealthily obese or emaciated.. That said, the body builder/ ripped/cut type turns me off. Then again I'm 64 and married, so I doubt I'll ever again be in a position to date.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

^This^

I just love her answer
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options

I am a Craigslist guy. I love to look at the different sections including, romance. I like to see what kind of men/women people are looking for. One ad I noticed was from a woman who described herself as a “BBW.” One of the lines in her ad was, “I am looking for someone who will take a chance on me and accept my as a bigger girl.” I think that is really sweet, however, later in the ad she says, “I am not into bigger guys, athletic guys are what I like.” I know, seems two-faced. But it got me thinking:

at that rate i simply wouldnt even waste my time and look for someone else. There are plenty of women out there no need to find someone that wouldnt apperciate you
  • AIZZO4
    Options

^This^

I just love her answer

You ladies are a breath of fresh air.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, the heart wants what the heart wants and you have to have some form of attraction to begin with.

2. No. Just because you are a bigger guy/gal, you do not have to date someone who is also big. Different strokes for different folks.

3. I would and have dated a bigger guy. He actually would probably be my best fit all around and we have great chemistry, passion, conversations, everything.

4. As a small person, I don't feel like we ever get any looks when we are out together. And, if we do, screw them.

I like him for him. Not because he is 6' 300+ pounds. I also don't not like him for his weight. It's really a non-issue for me with him. We have an amazing connection. That being said, I will say, I am happy he's decided on his own to actively work towards a healthier lifestyle. For himself to have a healthier life. Not because I will find him more attractive. I just want him healthy and have more energy, because I know it will help him feel better about himself and be happier.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

1) seems hypocritcal but she probably can't help what's she attracted to.

2) Again same logic but don't expect to realistically date a 10 when you're a 5.

3) No I wouldn't, maybe if they changed that factor then yes.
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Eh-- The heart wants what it wants- but maybe she should do some more looking. maybe thats just what her body wants.
    i think it's kind of wrong to be big and not accept someone who's big- but she could be in denial.

No of course not. I always dated bigger then me because thats what i was comfortable with. I think guys with muscles are hot and what not- but i think guys that are bigger are hot to. It depends on the person. IMO some guys only look good bigger.

Yes- I have always dated bigger then me with a few as an exception. but the perosn I have lasted the longest with is actually smaller then me- Like i was 325 and they were 130 when we met. now they are 168 and im dropping weight.

I do look at that sometimes- because when we first dated they were so much smaller then me- i felt like people were looking at us. Now i think- maybe they are just jealous we're having so much fun together.
  • AIZZO4
    Options
    1. Yes, the heart wants what the heart wants and you have to have some form of attraction to begin with.

2. No. Just because you are a bigger guy/gal, you do not have to date someone who is also big. Different strokes for different folks.

3. I would and have dated a bigger guy. He actually would probably be my best fit all around and we have great chemistry, passion, conversations, everything.

4. As a small person, I don't feel like we ever get any looks when we are out together. And, if we do, screw them.

I like him for him. Not because he is 6' 300+ pounds. I also don't not like him for his weight. It's really a non-issue for me with him. We have an amazing connection. That being said, I will say, I am happy he's decided on his own to actively work towards a healthier lifestyle. For himself to have a healthier life. Not because I will find him more attractive. I just want him healthy and have more energy, because I know it will help him feel better about himself and be happier.

You sound amazing. What a lucky man :)
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Looks never mattered much to me when I was dating. The other stuff I had to have (kind, highly intelligent, active, honest, goofy sense of humor) mattered a lot more than how anyone actually looked.

And...I've found that the people I like or love eventually take on a kind of glow or something; at any rate, they always appear beautiful to me regardless of how the world sees them. I think that's probably true for many people as well.
  • AIZZO4
    Options

at that rate i simply wouldnt even waste my time and look for someone else. There are plenty of women out there no need to find someone that wouldnt apperciate you

Well said sir.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

You sound amazing. What a lucky man :)

He is, but so am I. He's a genuine good ole boy with a big heart.