New friends! Especially those with 100+ to lose...

Options
Hey folks! I'm new. I am looking to lose about 120lbs. It really seems impossible, but I just spent like an hour combing through the before and afters and I am SO INSPIRED

About me: I'm 27, work in advertising, live in Brooklyn, have hypothyroidism which makes the weight loss thing just that much more of a pain.

Please add me! Lets kick each other into gear!!

-Michelle

Replies

• caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    100 to lose here too - half way to my goal. I also have hypothyroidism but as long as I take my medication every day - its fine. 100 does seem like a lot when you are first starting off - but, if you stick with it, and follow the plan, it will work. my advice: watch your sodium, sugars and calories. try to do some form of exercise everyday (mine is walking). good luck:).
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You really can do this. I have lost 100lbs since June last year. I recently gained back 10lbs and am determined to lose it and the 60lbs I have to got to get my healthy BMI. I know I don't fit into your "100lbs to lose" category, but 60lbs is close ;) I am on here every day and am happy to more friends. The more the merrier!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It isnt impossible at all. I am going to do my first 5K on Monday. If you had told me that a year ago I would have thought you were insane! Using the tools available to you on this site can really help you to stay focused and motivated. Best of luck to you!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I have about that much to lose or maybe a little less now I am not 100% sure I don't focus on that big number but my smaller short term goals. A little about me I am 20 and live in a small town in Ohio you have never heard of. I have been at this about 2 1/2 months and have already lost 25 pounds, so really anything can happen with will power and strength :)!

Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • KiwiKimblee
    Options
    Hi, I have about 125 to lose (56kg). I am from Auckland, New Zealand and started my journey mid January this year. Have been going through a low patch, but back on the wagon (I kind of fell off, and the damn thing backed up and hit me again!)

Feel free to add me! :)
  • PhatMama9
    PhatMama9 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm in, really in need of motivation and support over here.
  • perrimcphee1
    perrimcphee1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've lost about 75 lbs so far and have 75 more to go. Over the last year I've found that it's my diet that changes the number in the scale but the exercise that really changes what I see in the mirror.

I'm excited about these next 75 and would love to find someone to lose with and help motivate!
  • refillreuse
    Options
    HI JUST JOINED TODAY.. Think am finaly ready mentaly to lose the weight.
    need to lose 125lbs....any tips and motivation will help.
  • trees525
    trees525 Posts: 3
    Options
    i guys! i need to lose or would like to lose 100 lbs too. i would be happy at 50 but the goal is 100. about me i am 57, just started down the menopause path which is a challenge, but what are you going to do. so here i am, never been heavy, i do exercise but not consistently. i found out i have arthritis which of course is in my feet and knees, but not to whine, i am getting this stupid weight off. it just creeps up on you, one day you weigh 200 then all of a sudden you are at 250 and dont know how you got there. :noway:
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm Ashley. I have a total of 118 to lose, but I've lost 13 so far. Feel free to add me for encouragement. I'm on here every day, several times. You can do this!
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    Hi Michelle!

I have about 100 lbs. to lose & I have hypothyroidism as well... it does make losing weight difficult, but nothing is impossible with perseverance. :smile:

It's nice to meet you!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs and would gladly support you on your journey.

Good luck hun - you got this!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 22lbs left tho lose, but have lost a total of 118lbs in the last 4 years. This was after having 2 babies, and with pcos and thyroid issues, so not a bad time frame!
  • shellyeahx
    Options
    Thanks so much for the amazing replies. Y'all are awesome!!!
  • nmf0787
    nmf0787 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like! I have about 130 lbs to lose and am serious on losing it! I'd love to have more friends here!
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    Please feel free to add me too! 130 total to lose, a bit more than halfway there! =)