when should I weigh myself?

Options
In the morning or night? Afternoon?
How often? every few days? once a day? once a week?
Just wondering how everyone else does it? :smile:

Replies

• Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Some weight daily, some once in a week. Do what makes you feel comfortable. Personally I weight once a week, so I don't get depressed with the usual fluctuation that I see, when I daily weight. Sometimes it's hard to stay away from the scale for a whole week. On other days I don't even wanna weigh myself. But I still do, just to see if I'm on the right path.
    Best advice, do what makes you feel comfortable.
  • crystalangel
    crystalangel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning, with no clothes on before i get into the shower, I always heard there was less gravity in the morning. Also, do it at least once a week at the same time every week.
  • AidensMom1125
    Options
    whenever you decide to weigh yourself try to alway do it around the same time. I weigh myself in the morning after I exercise. If I weigh myself at night it is obviously different because I have a day of eating in my system then I get worried that I am gaining weight.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    In the morning or night? Afternoon?
    How often? every few days? once a day? once a week?
    Just wondering how everyone else does it? :smile:

The best time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning right after you've gotten out of bed and used the toilet. Your body can fluctuate up to 5 or so pounds throughout the day depending upon the food you ate and even the water you drink. Whenever you do it, just make sure you are consistent and do it at that same time, every time.

As for how often...that is completely up to you. Some people are motivated by weighing themselves everyday. Other people are beat down by a pound gain one day without realizing their normal body fluctuations (especially us women...hormones are a nasty thing when it comes to weight fluctuations and water retention!). If you get discouraged easily I'd recommend weighing once a week to start off with. But it really depends on what works for you!
  • pink92307
    pink92307 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that really helps! I am thinking the morning sounds like the best time to weigh. I don't know if i can stay away from the scale for a week, but maybe i will try every other day, just to make sure I am heading in the right direction! Thanks again for the insight!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, it helps keep on track knowing that if it is up a bit i need to really watch that day and if it is down a bit it keeps me motivated for the day.

As for when to weigh yourself, you are supposed to do it 1st thing in the morning when you wake up after you use the washroom, that is when you will get your TRUE weight.

HTH
  • sprice1218
    sprice1218 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Honestly, early in the morning after you've already used the restroom and before you eat. Don't weigh yourself everyday. It's easier to notice how much you lose if you weigh every two weeks. Your weight fluctuates so much, every day is different.
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    I weight myself usually Friday mornings at the same time. I did it on fridays because its one of the days I don't exercise, but I'm toying with the idea of making saturday my weigh days....