Fell off the horse... :(

Options
Help! I need some support and motivation. I have been on a weight loss journey for about a year and a half and have lost 75 pounds but I recently gained 5 pounds back (most likely because of my vacation and weeks of not logging). I get depressed when I think about it and then I fall even further off of my diet train! Last night I ate an Applebee's appetizer sampler all to myself and then proceeded to have a piece of reese's pie. :( I just feel like crap after I eat it and today I feel like crap which makes me want to just eat more! Help!!! I need some motivation and does anyone have any ideas when you want to eat a bunch of fried foods, what do you do?

Replies

• synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I live in Louisiana so almost everything here is fried! you just have to think about it like this.... your in a war right now against the fat in your body. Everyday is a battle you will win some you will loose some, but if you keep trying eventually your gonna win the war. Honestly there is no replacement for some good fried seafood if you find it let me know, but you just have to find other things you like for instance I love seared Tuna steak probably even better than fried food. my bread and butter so to speak for eating has been eggs tuna chicken fish. I have also been using a meal replacement shake which has curbed my desire for bad foods. Dont give In! you feel bad today because your body runs off what we feed it the day before, you have to break the cycle of eating bad and feeling like crap one day at a time. One meal at a time. Just keep winning small battles thats how you win the war! If you wanna add me as a friend I will be glad to encourage you along your path!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Agreed. You just have to remember that you have still maintained a significant amount of loss. I know gaining back a few feels terrible, but just remember that you haven't gained back all of your loss. Try to remember that this is a life long project and not a short term one, so there will be times like this. The important part is to keep going. If you eat things you wish you'd hadn't or felt bad about, just use that as your 'push' to eat 'better' the next day. Don't let a few days set back a year and a half's worth of progress and hard work.
  • es5864
    es5864 Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes, good call with the war analogy. I know, I have good days and bad days and one bad day isn't going to derail anything. But sometimes if I get an attitude like that, then I give myself credence to keep eating like crap! Grrr. But yeah, maybe I should try protein shakes too. Thank you for the encouragement!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Shoot the horse and just start walking. You'll get there if you just start moving.
  • es5864
    es5864 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!! I appreciate it.
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When I fall off the wagon I rededicate myself by writing up a plan of what I want and what I need to do to get there. I then sign it and put it on the fridge. It is kind of like a contract with myself. Writing it down for me helps reinforce my commitment and solidify my plan.