sportline heart rate monitor help help help

Options
I got a issue, I think my hrm is messing up. I have the sportline hrm from walmart, it cost 30 dollars and I don't know if its something wrong or what!

The heart rate isn't registering. it usually shows a lil heart on the screen, but it says that hr is off.. and I don't know if that is what is causing my unusual calorie burns.. will they do that? I know I burned approximately 200 calories doing taebo today and the hrm saud that I only burned 46! and the other night I did jillian michaels kickbox fast fix and it saud I only burned 30! I usually burn close to 100/125 in that time!

I tried to turn the hr on , but I don't know how.. so my major question is couold the hr being off affect the calorie burn?

Replies

• maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It sounds like its only picking you up intermittently. Try changing the battery in the hrm strap.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure that the chest strap is making good contact with your skin? I always wet mine a little before I put it on to make sure there is a solid connection. I also have a Sportline HRM.
  • jesuswasemo
    Options
    I got the same hr monitor within the last week. I thought it would just track my heart rate by wearing it, but not so. You have to touch the metal part with your index finger for a few seconds in order for it to read your hr.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I got the same hr monitor within the last week. I thought it would just track my heart rate by wearing it, but not so. You have to touch the metal part with your index finger for a few seconds in order for it to read your hr.

Does yours not have a chest strap? If I don't wear the chest strap I have to touch the metal part. You need to be wearing the chest strap in order to get a continuous heart rate otherwise you only get a little snapshot in time...not good enough for determining calorie burn.
  • jimian60
    jimian60 Posts: 21
    Options
    I had the same one for awhile...unlike when wearing a chest-strap (which automatically records the changes in your HR) the strapless HR watches need to be pressed continually as your HR changes... as your exercise/HR increases... as well as decreases (recovery.)
  • jesuswasemo
    Options
    Nope, this particular hr monitor does not come with a chest strap.