Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Harder than I remember...

Well, It's day two and I'm so hungry! I know I need to make better choices in what I eat so I have a bit more calories to play with at night... but then again, maybe I should get used to not eating at night. I've lost weight in the past and I don't remember it being this hard... LOL I guess going from eating over 2000 calories a day to 1200 and exercise is a big adjustment... Not complaining...I'm very proud of myself for not "giving in" to temptation. Yea, yea... I know... it's only my second day.... lol

I wish you all the best of luck.

Lisa

Replies

• shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Don't knock it, at 2 days, or 200 days!! Some people go minute by minute... You have gone 2 days without cracking... celebrate that!!

And little slips every now and then are OK, too... you shouldn't totally deprive yourself, or you will resent this journey. And as long as you get right back up on the wagon, it's all good!!

Try drinking water when you get hungry in the evening... or sometimes I'll do a low calorie snak like a special K bar or a piece of fruit or some air popped popcorn.

Good Luck... you can do it!!!
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    LOL... i hear you, weight loss is not easy!!! it sure seems like gaining is so much faster than losing!!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Remember every moment is new and its a new chance to make the better choice.....=)
  • aubuysgirl
    aubuysgirl Posts: 23
    Its my second day as well. Good luck on your journey and yes it is difficult but will be so worth it !!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Well, It's day two and I'm so hungry! I know I need to make better choices in what I eat so I have a bit more calories to play with at night... but then again, maybe I should get used to not eating at night. I've lost weight in the past and I don't remember it being this hard... LOL I guess going from eating over 2000 calories a day to 1200 and exercise is a big adjustment... Not complaining...I'm very proud of myself for not "giving in" to temptation. Yea, yea... I know... it's only my second day.... lol

Lisa
    I'm proud of you too! It will get easier with each day, you'll begin enjoying the healthier foods and see the benefits of your workouts and the old foods won't appeal near as much!:flowerforyou: If you've been eating a ton of simple carbs your body simply needs time to adjust and the junk needs to get out your system and the cravings will cease before too long. You'll adjust to eating less because you'll actually be eating more nutrition wise. Empty cals vs. very healthy cals feel very different to our bodies and will fill you up in time!:drinker:

Good luck on your healthy journey!
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • aubuysgirl

Lisa
    I'm proud of you too! It will get easier with each day, you'll begin enjoying the healthier foods and see the benefits of your workouts and the old foods won't appeal near as much!:flowerforyou: If you've been eating a ton of simple carbs your body simply needs time to adjust and the junk needs to get out your system and the cravings will cease before too long. You'll adjust to eating less because you'll actually be eating more nutrition wise. Empty cals vs. very healthy cals feel very different to our bodies and will fill you up in time!:drinker:

Good luck on your healthy journey!
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • aubuysgirl
    Thats so true..If you have been eating alot of simple sugars you have to give your body time to adjust. I did a week of low carb high protein to give my body time to adjust to the changes in my diet.
  • fchopin42
    fchopin42 Posts: 51
    Thank you everyone! I'm already feeling better..... I plan to take this day by day and allow some treats here and there.

Thank you again for all the encouragement! (and for not thinking I'm silly for posting about two days LOL)

Have a wonderful day!

Lisa