Decent Dance and/or Ballet DVD's??

Options
Most dance DVD's I've ever bought are either cheesy/old school moves/music/setting/etc. and/or it moves so fast with little to no instruction that I'm never able to even learn the moves to begin with to try and keep up and get any type of cardio/aerobic out of it. Does anyone know of a decent quality, fun, up-to-date dance DVD that teaches you the moves first and then gives you a good workout with the dancing portion??

Also, does anyone know of any decent ballet DVD's? Obviously this might not be so much for cardio but I've always wanted to learn ballet and have never been able to find adult classes near me so I've searched for DVD's for beginngers that teach techniques and basic dance moves and spins and what not but I'm just not sure what's worth my money. I figured this might be good for toning actually. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!! :)

Replies

• Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The New York City Ballet workouts are good, check them out :smile:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Have you checked to see what is available at you local library? You could try put different things until you find what you like. There are also a few barre workouts available on you tube.
  • whitney312
    whitney312 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Even for basic basic beginngers who've literally really have never done ballet, ever?
  • red103112
    red103112 Posts: 20
    Options
    I used to do ballet & it's not very hard to start learning but you're right it is good for toning as well as your flexibility
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Even for basic basic beginngers who've literally really have never done ballet, ever?

Yup. I only had the first dvd, but I liked it a lot. I think there was one exercise where I had a hard time with the rhythm for some reason, but nothing was complicated or difficult to follow.
  • PosyPose
    PosyPose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to do the New York City Ballet 2 all the time and I was really flexible. When I started it I was totally new to all things dance related and some of the moves were a bit hard so I just worked up to them gradually. It's very well-paced and relaxing to do, I much prefer it to yoga and am meaning to take it up again soon :-)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet but these are supposed to be good dvds. Here is a link to one on Amazon and she has two others available:

http://www.amazon.com/Ballet-Beautiful-Transform-Strength-Dancer/dp/0738215902/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2U68QBM7I1VJD&coliid=I15BIK8QODPNMH