Looking for an after run shake?

Options
Anyone know any powders that are good for after running? Usually I run and then head strait to work with little time for anything more than a nutrigrain bar! I am watching calories as well so something lower in calories would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• mamitc01
    mamitc01 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'd like to know too... I don't eat much meat and find I'm always lacking in my protein.
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    This is something I'd like to know as well
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like muscle milk lite - 2 scoops of powder, 1 banana, 1 cup fat free milk and 5 ice cubes. It totally hits the spot!
  • fitcakequeen
    fitcakequeen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Labrada makes a good powder, I think some varieties have 25+ protein and 25 carbs in it, around 220 cals, (the lean body for her has 190 I think). I throw it in a shaker, (GNC carries these) add a little water and that's it. Super filling, if you have time, throw it in a blender with some peanut butter too, then you have your protein, carbs and fat covered.

In Washington, we have smoothie branch called Emerald Smoothie and they carry these in a case of 20 packets.
  • majikmeg
    majikmeg Posts: 9
    Options
    Myoplex. You can get it premixed at stores so you don't have to mix it before going to work.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    1 Scoop of Designer Whey Vanilla protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, handful of ice cubes, dash of vanilla extract, 1 packet of splenda, and a 1/4 cup of oatmeal....soooooooooooo good!!!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    SHAKEOLOGY!!! Expensive but worth it. Look it up at beachbody.com. Its very filling also, I love it after a workout, helps my body recover wonderfully :)

To Match the Nutrition of one serving of shakeology you would need to consume

* A bowl of exotic fruit, including Gochi Berry and the Acai Berry ( $4.40)
    * 4 cups of raw broccoli ( $3.94)
    * 7 Whole Carrots ( $1.99 )
    * 10 Cups of Raw Cauliflower ( $4.30 )
    * 3 Cups of Romaine Lettuce ( $1.99 )
    * 4 Cups of Uncooked Mushrooms ( $8.97 )
    * 3 Raw Onions ( $ 2.91 )
    * 1 Cup of Peas ( $1.09 )
    * 4 Cups of Red Radishes ( $ 5.16 )
    * 4 Cups of Non Fat Yogurt ( $3.49 )
    * 1 Shot of Wheat Grass ( $1.95 )
    * TOTAL OF $ 41.19
  • Cerabell18
    Cerabell18 Posts: 124
    Options
    I use Nutrilite Protein Shakes...they come in chocolate, mixed berry, and vanilla. The vanilla is my favorite but my husband prefers the mixed berry. It has 25 grams of protein and is low-carb, sugar free and doesn't have any artificial flavors/preservatives. They come in a box of 12 and can be found for around $30. The vanilla shake has 160 calories and is 11.5 oz.

For awhile I was making my own protein shakes but it took too long, so I would end up skipping them if I was in a rush. When my husband found these shakes, I was happy because I wouldn't have to depend on making the shakes. I just have to grab one from the fridge or our pantry (they don't have to be refrigerated). I still make the protein shakes on occasion, but it's nice to have an easier alternative.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    ForGoodnessShakes - designed specifically for after exercise.