pancakes

Options
ok, I got some hungry jack complete right.... 1 cup mix and 3/4 cup water makes 6-8 pancakes... I cut that in half and it comes out pretty thin and i still end up with about 6 or 7 cakes. I split those with my son, so..... I made a serving and ate half of it... right? lol i dont know if my brain is turned on this morning

sorry * edit to add* yes, a serving was 3 4inch cakes

Replies

• ktbollman
    ktbollman Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I follow this at all. But i think you had 1/2 a serving.
  • RYFBAR
    RYFBAR Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks :) I think we are right. I just still get 3 pancakes, so I'm like tricking myself into too much or something lol.
    yea, i cut it in half to make one serving, then split, so got half a serving
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Does it give the values of the mix per cup?

If you used half a cup, and then ate half of what you made, then you've eaten teh equivalent of 1/4 cup of mix, regardless of the size of your pancakes. Water won't change teh values - did you add any oil or anyhting while cooking them?
  • RYFBAR
    RYFBAR Posts: 45
    Options
    o dear, then it gets real trickier... says 1/3 cup of dry mix is a serving... but i had like 1/4 cup i guess, as per previous posts...lol stupid pancakes, I'm sure it's prolly close enough, I may have had one bigger than one of my son's. but no, just water added :smile:
  • averytds
    averytds Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If a serving is 1/3 cup of the dry and you used 1/2 cup of the dry with water only and ate only half of the cakes, then yes, you had 1/4 cup of the dry. Personally I would log it as one serving.

If you really want to break it down more, there are approx. 5.3 Tbps in 1/3 cup. You can divide the nutrition facts for a 1/3cup serving by 5.3 to get the amounts for 1 tbsp, then multiply those numbers by 4, the amount of Tbs in 1/4 cup.