What the Heck? I lost my staminaafter vacation.

Options
Prior to going on vacation 2 weeks ago, I could spend 30 minutes on the elliptical or Precor and have no fatigue.Vacation was only 5 days and I spent all of them eating well and walking all day long. I'm pretty much eating the same things, but noticed I'm less hungry and even under calories by alot. I can't last 15 minutes of cardio without really struggling.

Do you think it's my lack of calories or lack of gym time?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's all in your head.

now tomorrow you have to do 45 minutes to make up for today.
  • PeauxPeaux
    PeauxPeaux Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Did you change time zones?

Some people are REALLY sensitive to time zone changes--- even just 2 or 3 hours. Every time I go to California I have 4 or 5 LAGGGGY DAYS after I come back to the east coast. If I leave the country it is a good week before i am okay. If this is it, you will be fine in a few more days of good sleep.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It might be part in your head, but even a week can make it harder to get back to where you were.
    But I think it may mostly be a mind over matter type thing :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Could be that you're not eating enough. You're not going to get a good cardio workout in without the proper fuel. Calories are energy so not enough calories = not enough energy. If you find you're less hungry, think about eating more calorie dense foods like eggs, nuts, seeds, nut butters, avocado, lean protein, etc. The added benefit with most of these is a good mix of protein and healthy fats which both give you plenty of longer lasting energy and help you retain your muscle mass which in turn helps you burn calories.

Also, make sure you're well hydrated. I find sometimes being a little dehydrated can make me feel drained.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It is just the relaxation (needed) that follows vacation time... You just have to press through the wall and you will get back to where you were shortly. Fitness is never linear... It has peaks and valleys. Sometimes you just have to press through.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Vacations and other "breaks" can destroy momentum or habits.
    I assume you aren't sick and haven't picked up any bugs, etc... from your trip.

Try and push yourself to do what you used to and see how it goes.
  • tjk0905
    tjk0905 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well I already sleep like the dead 8- 9 hours nightly. Pretty sure I'm well rested. As for the In-My-Head: all there is is Circus Music playing anyway! Ya da da da da!

Ok I'll just pull up my big girl panties and press on! Thanks!