Weight watchers DITCHED :-)

Options
Iv always done weight watchers and thought it was the best thing ever!! litlle did i realise there are calories in salads and veg, which would usually be free on the diet. I would eat lots and lots of this stuff! and never count it.
Now with MFP my eyes have been opened and i find it amazing!! third day on it and im addicted!! I love how you can see exactly what you are putting in your mouth.
The community seems great too! im determined to shift this weight
Bes thing about it! i was paying over £5 a week for weight watchers but this is Free!
happy bunny!! happy easter by the way x:happy:

Replies

• rosebayer
    rosebayer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I didn't like weight watchers because I didn't like working with some arbitrary number. Calorie counting means you also get to track nutrient levels in the foods you eat, too.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I didnt enjoy weight watchers either! I been having WAY more success with MFP plus its free!!
  • cynfy16
    cynfy16 Posts: 35
    Options
    One of the reasons why MFP works so well because you can put in EVERYTHING you eat. Even if its half of a boneless wing (which happen to be one of my favorite indulges) and know exactly how its gonna impact your calorie count for the day. Along with sodium, fat, sugar, etc. I LOVE this app :)
  • amyloudonlon
    amyloudonlon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    exactly!! you know every bit of information! im so excited to start seeing some results! :)
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am doing both. And it seems that with what I eat, over-all, they are about the same. (I'm using PointsPlus... I'm not sure of the minor differences between the WW programs) I could have 7 points left for the day on WW, and 230ish calories left for the day on FP. So for me, at least, they both even out. But I like FP's app a lot better, and I can track my sugar, sodium, and other things that are important to me with MFP.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am a former WW also. The support on MFP is superior.
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Never been on WW but looking for new folks to connect with. Any one here feel free to add me
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Well one on ditching WW, personally, I don't see what's so great about it!
  • Lizzy9
    Lizzy9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I worked with an attorney that went on WW and lost over 100 pounds - sadly his meals were limited to one a day - he loved getting McDonald's Big Mac. Okay, something so very wrong with this entire picture as this goes against everything in the MFP and healthy living world.
  • amyloudonlon
    amyloudonlon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Well one on ditching WW, personally, I don't see what's so great about it!

cheers hunny! me neither now just a waste of money! x
  • cassbmatney
    cassbmatney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I concur :)
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers is just based on macros, but they use 'points' to make it seem like it's some new system.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I am a former WW also. The support on MFP is superior.

:flowerforyou: QFT
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well done you! this is the BEST site to succeed with. Stick with it, log religiously, and you'll succeed. Good luck!
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I also ditched WW. I plateaued after losing 11 pounds in about 6 weeks, and stayed at that for another 8 weeks no matter how hard I tried. I just figured it didn't fit my lifestyle and so far MFP has been helping me greatly!
  • sara0ann
    sara0ann Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Iv always done weight watchers and thought it was the best thing ever!! litlle did i realise there are calories in salads and veg, which would usually be free on the diet. I would eat lots and lots of this stuff! and never count it.
    Now with MFP my eyes have been opened and i find it amazing!! third day on it and im addicted!! I love how you can see exactly what you are putting in your mouth.
    The community seems great too! im determined to shift this weight
    Bes thing about it! i was paying over £5 a week for weight watchers but this is Free!
    happy bunny!! happy easter by the way x:happy:

I was the exact same! I'd been doing weight watchers on an off for years! As far as I was concerned, it was manageable and it showed some results. But it never pushed my limits, so I was never REALLY successful. I'm addicted to MFP now as well! The community is AWESOME, and yes, the price is right!

If you're looking for some more friends and extra support, feel free to add me! :)
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Me too cancelled weight watchers in January when I joined MFP and this is far superior. Love the people and the networking you can fet on this site. I needed to track sodium and this site is perfect!! Not to mention almost all of the foods I search for can be found here, I didn't feel the same about weight watchers!
  • teddiebare
    teddiebare Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I ditched WW last week as well. I lost a lot of weight on it before, but I just got tired of paying for it and not seeing what my macro spread was. I've only been on it for about 5 months this time around, and have only lost like 8 pounds.

I love the app fow MFP, and the site is much easier to use. the database is great, which was a big one for me. And the fact that my fitbit syncs with my account here is a huge bonus! I love it so far, I can't wait to see some results!
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I stopped paying for WW on Wed. I have found the support on MFP way better, their data base of food is far superior and I love the bar code scanner which was not available to me on WW. WWhelped me loose 30lbs but I have been struggling with the program since the new year. 16 days with MFP 6.7lbs gone!!
  • wannaBfit4me
    Options
    I just canceled my WW today. I wasn't seeing results and now I know why. On WW you can eat all the fruit and veggies you want. I think I was eating way to much fruit, therefore I was having way to much sugar!