Bad Habits

Options
I have a terrible habit of weighing my self daily if not 2-3 times a day. I think at some point in time I was told that I shouldn't do it because it could become discouraging if i'm not losing as much as I want, but it is tempting. I can see that my body is changing so i just check to see. lol. My scale is in my bathroom so most times I see and just check in. I was wondering if I was the only one who does that....Is it a habit? or just excitement? How often are you suppose to weigh your self during a weight loss journey?

Replies

• emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only record it on here on Fridays. I suggest, if the scale is discouraging for you, stick with only weighing once per week.
  • roosterblue
    roosterblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You definitely aren't the only one to do this! :D I've been weighing myself daily for the past year and a half -- and it hasn't yet to discourage me! I like seeing the changes in my body, how I hold water or food. I'm sure everyone is different, but I enjoy trying to be in-tune with my body as much as possible!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am another daily weigher, but only record weekly

I think is whatever works for you, if you are perhaps going to be upset at no weight loss [and we all have times of zero loss] do it weekly

Many weigh daily just to keep tabs on how it is going, and no harm done IMO, just depends on your personal outlook