New to this looking for friends for encouragement :)

Options
I turned 20 in September & realized my body has changed, I cant eat anything I want anymore and be skinny :( (sad right?) I also have type 1 diabetes, which has taught me a alot about how my body reacts to different foods, how my friends play a huge part in how I eat. (good or bad!) I dont really watch carbs because I'm on a sliding scale for insulin intake. Which means I can basically eat what I want, I just have to have insulin to cover it. Which has worked in the past, my diabetes is great :) BUT that doesnt help my weight. I have decided to be brave and watch calories also.

I currently weigh 144 and am 5'2 at my smallest I was 125 which could be considered my goal weight. I just want to be healthy and gain some muscle. I dont really care about the number on the scale looking back at me, as long as I can see my progress in my body.

enough about me... I just want cool, encouraging friends to help me through my journey.

Replies

• Awsumm1
    Awsumm1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • farsha7
    farsha7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! im 20 too :)
  • Nexir
    Nexir Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'll add you! ;) Welcome there!
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • lyndabraczynski
    Options
    Please add me...I am relatively new to this as well
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Cool, what do you mean, cool...
  • starbab311
    starbab311 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me -- me & my gf are doing this - she's diabetic also and is having some issue with her sugars and diet. Maybe we could help each other .
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have realized that at 20!!! lol
  • cynfy16
    cynfy16 Posts: 35
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Once I went to college I realized that pizza and beer could only be consumed in moderation haha. Talk about a wake up call ! About to turn 23 and love love love MFP! :)