One proud mommy, but not with my weight :(

Options
I am 21 years old. I am happily married, with a 9 month old son. My husband and son are my entire world, but I am scared that if I do not get this weight off I will not be able to play with my son one day. I am 5'5" and weigh 243 :/. About 4 years ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, which made me realize I need to lose weight for my own health. So I did as I was told and I lost 70 pounds in 6 months. I was comfortable with my weight, loved the way I looked, and was very confident in myself. I was the smallest I had ever been. A few months after I lost the rest of my weight I met my wonderful husband, and like everyone knows once you fall in love, you get confortable and everything about you changes. We go married almost 2 years after we met, and had our baby boy almost a year to the date of our wedding. While I was pregnant with my son, I no longer had a problem with diabetes. I luckily have had no problem since then. I am needing some suppost on dieting and exercising please. :)

Replies

• hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mommyhood!!!

Start slow..walks with the baby in the stroller or in a body carrier. I stated with Jilllian DVDs- 30d day shred, and two others I cant remember-they have different levels and let you stay on a level until you feel you are ready to move on.

MFP is also helpful in looking at what you are eating. Are you nursing? you want to make sure you are eating enough to maintain milk supply as well. I downloaded an awesome app the other day fooducate or something like that-you scan box bar coeds and it gives you a grade on the food item-helps to put back those items that you thought were healthy.

Losing weight and getting fit is a process...take it in stride.

Good luck!
  • Diana_Gioia
    Diana_Gioia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are. I am 23, 5'5.5 '' at 218 Pounds. I was 243 after I had my youngest who is almost 9 months old. The little bit of weight that came off; came off on it's own with out any effort. But now it's kind of at a stand still with the weight loss. I am a mom of 3 with a full time job. So it's kind of hard to get some real good exercise in. And I am getting married in a little over 3 months. On July 14th, and I am trying to figure out how I am going to lose 3-4 dress sizes before then. or how much weight I even have to lose for my dress size goal.