Best brand for heart rate monitors

Options
Hey everybody, so I wanna hear everybodys thoughts about which brand is best for a HRM.

Been doing pretty well with figuring out how many calories I burn when I exercise but I may be buying one in the future. Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I don't know the best brand BUT from research I've done, the more money you spend the more accurate and longer lasting it will be. So don't go for anything too cheap!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Polar
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar.
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    I have the polar ft4 and I really like it, it let's you enter a bunch of personal information so your results are more accurate
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I throw my hat into the Polar HRM ring!! :drinker: (Have an FT60)
  • cynfy16
    cynfy16 Posts: 35
    Options
    Awesome thanks everybody ! :) Now anybody wanna give me the $60-80 dollars to buy it?? lol :wink: juuustt kiddingg
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Polar! but there are other good brands out there, like timex and garmin, that also work well, just go with one with HAS a chest strap, it'll be more accurate. ENJOY! it's the best gadget to help with my weight loss!! :love:

also online might have better prices than in store...check out
    http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
  • jeangv
    jeangv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the Polar H7 Heart Rate Monitor. The strap is very versatile and allows for many different sizes. It is super easy to put on. Best of all it works automatically with all the gym equipment with no setup at all. As soon as I walk up to any treadmill, bike or elliptical machine, it displays my heart rate without having to touch anything. Also it works over bluetooth with my phone! This lets me use apps like Digifit to get my heart rate data as I work out!

I really love the Polar H7 Heart Rate Monitor so much that I bought one for my girlfriend and now she loves it too.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My Polar T4 just came in the mail... hope it's as wonderful as everyone says it is :)

My last one was a $35 one from Walmart that didn't last for a year... so hopefully this one will last a smidge longer :)
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I love it. My fiancé just got one about 2 weeks after me, same brand/model. We have not had any issues, they are easy to use and the stats are great. You get to see calories burned, max HR, average HR, "fitness" burn time, and "fat" burn time (based off your HR stats). You can get them on Amazon for about $60-85 depending on color
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, so I wanna hear everybodys thoughts about which brand is best for a HRM.

Been doing pretty well with figuring out how many calories I burn when I exercise but I may be buying one in the future. Thanks!! :smile:

Best? Probably a Garmin 610. Most affordable that's still good? Probably the Polar FT4.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I love my Garmin but the one I have only calculates calorie burn if you are walking, running or cycling. But it's so cool to get GPS info on your runs.
  • ThisChikNik
    Options
    In leaning towards a polar ft4, from what I have heard all over people like it :). I do have a question regarding the polar ft4, when wearing it as a watch are there seconds on the screen as well as the hours and minutes? I'm a nursing student and would hate to have to switch between watches for clinical days..
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar!
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Garmin...hands down.
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am loving my Polar FT7
  • frankjakobsen
    frankjakobsen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have a iPhone 4S or 5 you can also buy the Blutooth smart band from Polar and connect it with Endomundo or smiliar. It's 1/2 price of the watches and very nicely integrated with many applications.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4 :)