Any runners out there?!

Options
I'm becoming a full out runner now and i'd like to have more runner friends too!

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I run.... can't say I love it. I run so I can eat more and I do love the feeling of crossing the finish line of a half marathon! :happy:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine not loving it.

Ran an 8 miler last night, set out for 6. I LOVE to run! I smile while I do, it makes me happy, I feel great and I can eat more too! Win, Win, Win!

Good luck and enjoy!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm getting there and I'd love to have more runner friends!
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner! Currently training for a 5k in June and planning on running another in Oct. :happy:
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Heading out for an 8-mile this afternoon. Looking to put on miles until I'm ready for my first 1/2 this summer!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I run.... can't say I love it. I run so I can eat more and I do love the feeling of crossing the finish line of a half marathon! :happy:

^^^^This. I started just walking back before my 50th birthday and gradually over the years decided walking wasn't enough. Now I "run/walk" - run 3 minutes, walk a minute. I'm in training for my 2nd half marathon which is in 5 weeks. I've participated in several different running groups - need the accountability since I'm not all that disciplined - and I've met some wonderful people that way. it ain't all fun but it sure makes me feel good to know that, at almost 54 and having been a complete couch potato all my life, I can now get whereever I need to on my own two feet.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used to run a lot and am going to try to start getting back into it...

Went for my first run since August today and did 3.6 miles with 9 min/mile splits - not bad!
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm becoming a runner! Increasing my time each and every day! :)
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner and am doing my first full marathon in June! I'm not fast or pretty but damnit if I'm not gonna cross that finish line!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I am a runner! I ran my first full marathon and ultra marathon this year. I love running for mind and body fitness.
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    add me!

i've ran at least 2 miles for 88 consecutive days!

I think i'm gonna do a 5K everyday for the month of May! what's another mile?

WOWWWWWWWWWWW!
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I started 4.5 months ago, couldn't even go 3 minutes without gagging. I've built my way up to running 3 times a week, for 6-7 miles each run on the treadmill. Now I'm transitioning to running outside for hopefully the same distances.

Not sure where this is taking me, I might start preparing for a 1/2 marathon but for now I'd be happy to just get 3 solid runs in per week.
  • egresik
    egresik Posts: 9
    Options
    I run .... now on the treadmill because it´s snowy and wet and cold out there but it should stop snowing next week so I´m starting to run outside again on friday:) .....I would love it if you would add me
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Geat! Im adding you all!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I'm a runner...been running for 20 years, out on injury right now but can't wait to get back in it!!
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I absolutely love running. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • wannabeloser08
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE to run! Running a 5k tomorrow! :)
  • stechan07
    stechan07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, love the feeling of finishing a great run! I'm getting back in shape after fracturing an ankle. Training for a 5k, with the goal of getting back in shape for a 1/2 marathon later in the summer.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Training for a 10k in May :)
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with running. I try to do at least two 4-6 milers a week... but i have shin splints and they can be a *****.

But nothing makes me feel better than going on a run (especially on the days i dont want to run) and getting through it - legs and lungs burning... knowing i did it! YEA - its an easy self esteem booster! :)