Best bathroom scale?

Options
So, I bought a WeightWatchers scale at Target that is supposed to have 0.1lb resolution, and measure fat % and water %. However, I am not sure how accurate the actual weight part of the scale even is. I have weighed myself within a few seconds of each other on the scale and have gotten varying results....

What scale is the most accurate and consistent? I don't need to have other measurements...

Thanks.

Replies

• BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a digital WW scale and while I do think it's fairly accurate it sometimes registers the previous display weight, not the current one.
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I own a Omron Full Body Sensor with scale http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C-Composition-Sensing-Monitor/dp/B0020MMCDE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364582586&sr=8-1&keywords=omron+scale

The accuracy for weight is dead on, and the BF% is usually within a few % of being correct. More importantly, it seems to trend accuratley so i can ensure I'm still heading in the right direction. The one key is to pick 1 day a week to do a full body measurment, and make sure that your conditions (hydration, exercise, previous meal, etc.) are very similar. If I drink alcohol or eat some high carb meal it seems to throw things off (probably the water differences).
  • Sofitin2013
    Options
    I have a Tanita that measure body fat percentage and water weight. I have had it for five years now and it is fantastic!!
  • cisbrane
    cisbrane Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think I need to find something of a known weight and see how accurate my measurements are.
    I have large feet, (size 13 men), and it can be hard to fit my feet on the scale, so I am not sure if that is something with the problem as applying wrong pressure different times?