Insanity..giving up before I start

Options
Hey everybody I'm PK! New to MFP and Insanity

Decided to give Insanity a go as an alternative to going to the gym. I can't commit to 60 days in a row but doing it as 4/wk cardio exercise, so hoping it will do some good. Not using any meal supplements or special nutrition plan but will be calorie counting on this site.

Firstly.. Insanity is a killer!!! I rarely see results to working out and get really let down then give up and am scared this is going to happen with Insanity as well. I want this to work desperately as I am going on holiday end of May and want to be able to sit on the beach without feeling embarrassed about my body. Currently 62kg and 5ft 4.

I know I should do 60 days in a row but this is not possible given my work schedule and other commitments..other than that any motivational tips?

I'm excited about joining my fitness pal and hope that through this community I'd be more guided and motivated to stay on track.

xo

Replies

• Trisha_e
    Trisha_e Posts: 27
    Options
    Maybe start with something less intense? right now I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and it kicks my butt. But stamina and strength does build up! And I mix 30DS with her Ripped in 30 workout too. They're a killer too but it will be worth it in the end!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity combined with other exercise, so averaging 3-4 days per week. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the program and I can definitely see results in terms of increased endurance, toned abs/legs/a**.

The program is hard, but do what you can. You'll see the people on the program take a lot of breaks, and you will too. But one of the best things is when you get to a place where you don't have to take a break, but they do.

Stick with it and you'll love it!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Well, the good thing is, you don't have to do 60 days in a row. You NEED rest days, so don't overwhelm yourself thinking that you have to do this every.singel.day for 2 months. Just do what you can, and take your rest days. If you don't you will burn yourself out and you'll quit.

Don't go into this thinking, "I can't do this, its too hard" Your just setting yourself up for failure. Plan on doing it for 4 days this week. Thats it. Don't think about next week yet. Worry about that when the time comes. Good luck!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Also, I was inspired to do Insanity by another MFP'ers blog - she's now onto another program, but you can take a look at the last few months and see her blog her progress through Insanity - it is incredibly inspiring!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/petithamu
  • kellyg55
    kellyg55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a hard workout. I really encourage you to not give up. You can get amazing results from this 60 day program. I am a Beachbody Coach. I just finished Insanity myself I know this program works. Send me a message if you would like to join my Free support group on facebook. Kelly McCauley Germain
  • karriearm
    karriearm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! You will end up loving it! Just do what you can in the beginning. The goal is to do better each week, not to kill yourself in the beginning. I have been doing it for a year and still find it challenging. Just do as much as you can do, don't try to keep up with the folks on the video, that will come in time. At the end, you will not believe how much stronger you are.
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am doing just biking right now, just a stationary bike and me, its easy, can do it anywhere you put your bike and can do it many times a day if you want. You really have to find what works for you that is enjoyable, otherwise you won't stick to it. I myself love to walk but outside not so much, got a treadmill but the bike is a bigger payoff, for just sitting on my butt the weight is coming off. Just find what you really like, not something that is too much that you will end up quitting................good luck