Any runners out there?!

Options

Replies

• Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Love it also :)

Currently training for a 10K. My goal is to run a half marathon and eventually a full one. One day!
    Please add me, too!

I'm usually running outdoors... Not a big fan of the treadmill. Just my preference!
    But my feet suffer because of it. Stupid plantar fasciitis! Anyone else suffer from this?

You look great, by the way! Keep it up :)
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Training for a 10k in May :)

Me too. Mother's Day run? :)
  • Raptillian_Runner
    Options
    I am also looking for runners to add to my friends list. I have ran several 5Ks and am in training for my 1st 1/2 marathon. Everyone feel free to add me.

Cheers :drinker:
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    But nothing makes me feel better than going on a run (especially on the days i dont want to run) and getting through it - legs and lungs burning... knowing i did it! YEA - its an easy self esteem booster! :)

^^This! Absolutely love the rush of endorphines after I finish a run :love:
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love it also :)

Currently training for a 10K. My goal is to run a half marathon and eventually a full one. One day!
    Please add me, too!

I'm usually running outdoors... Not a big fan of the treadmill. Just my preference!
    But my feet suffer because of it. Stupid plantar fasciitis! Anyone else suffer from this?

You look great, by the way! Keep it up :)

Thanks so much!

I hate the tread too, its too touch on my knees...I have those bad runners knees from back in my soccer days :(
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE to run! Running a 5k tomorrow! :)

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RUNN!!!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Trying to be, but everytime I think I am there is somebody running more than me hahah. I run this 5K every year, and my normal times were around 28-29 minutes when I was around 300lbs, and I was always the last of my friends to finish, but nobody ever finished before 25 minutes. So I've been doing a lot of running during the weight loss process, and got my 5K down to just over 21 minutes on the treadmill. So I went to do this race, all of my friends that normally do it couldn't, so I got a couple of new people to do it with me, and even with my 23:06 time, I still came in last place out of my friends :o( I just cant win! I normally run between 20-25 miles a week though.

Any one can definitely add me to their friends list!
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    add me- I'm a runner too and would never have called myself that at the beginning of last year! I started walking and then running a few steps at a time until I just ran without stopping! I've run a couple of 5K's, a 10K, a 1/2 marathon and have two 10 mile races on the books for April! yay!
  • alkonost0
    alkonost0 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm a runner =] I just got back from my 5K. Everyone can feel free to add me :)
    But I log my run on a week delay, since I sync my Garmin only on weekends
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've been known to do some running...
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend request me.. I'm training for a half marathon in May. Currently my long run is 10 miles.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    me!! i've run 9 half marathons.. doing my 10th in October! =)
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Runners feel free to add me, 4 time marathoner and training for my 5th.
  • seeingpurple
    Options
    I've been trying to run since Feb, and I'm nearly through the c25k program. Im starting to lose motivation though - the more I run (a longer run) the less distance I accomplish, that and I'm slightly discouraged after my first run outside (I've been running indoors because its winter). Any tips for outdoor running? I signed up for my first 5K in May - and I'm worried about not accomplishing it
  • TheKittyCato
    TheKittyCato Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Running has been one of the main forms of excercise I have done for the majority of my life. I love it( when I am in shape). I have recently decided to make fitness a priority and I would love to build myself back up to the place that I can run a 5k, 9 min mile pace, and still feel as though I have more to give. When I am physically conditioned at this level is when running is great! I love that feeling of just zoning out listening to my ipod and feeling FREE! You can add me I would love to watch your progress maybe we can motivate each other.
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    New-ish runner: completed C25K this winter, and am now working on building up my endurance and speed. I run 5k about 3 times per week, fewer in bad weather (I run outside). Add me!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon last summer and got burnt out and didn't run all winter. I just signed up for my first full marathon in october so I guess I'll have to start running again soon. Best of luck to everyone in their upcoming races!
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! Currently training for my 2nd half marathon.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have come to loooove running over the last year and a half. I am currently training for my 2nd half in June. Add me :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ack to running after surgery in January. Just going for fun runs now and I'll start training in July for the Dopey Challenge (48.6 miles).