NSV - Soda

Options
Snapper1985
Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
Just realized that I've now gone without soda (or anything carbonated) for just over 6 weeks. I decided to give it up for Lent and after the first week or so I didn't really miss it. The only things I drink now are water, tea and Powerade Zero, so I'm not even just substituting a different high-cal drink in its place. It is amazing how much better I feel without the carbonation. It didn't seem like it was really all that big of a deal except for the sweetness (had pretty much been down to diet only for a while), but my fatigue is way down, I don't feel bloated nearly as much and, of course, my water consumption is up way higher than it used to be when I was drinking 2 or 3 sodas with dinner. I really think I may just stay completely off of the soda from now on (except for the bottle of Squirt I have in the fridge that's been there since just before Lent started. Hopefully it doesn't make me feel too bad, but I haven't had Squirt in years, so I'm going to satisfy that craving and be done with it.

You CAN give up soda. Just buckle down and do it. Your body will thank you.

Replies

• allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I just passed my 2 week mark. Great accomplishment!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! Awesome job :)
  • shuntesha
    shuntesha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    congrats i gave it up too !!:happy:
  • flashesbuck
    flashesbuck Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i have been without for a few months now.... after awhile it becomes normal to never drink it.... there are lost of other options to choose from.

in fact if its not a beer once in a wile or wine i really only drink water..

also much cheaper when you go out to eat, and a good amount of calories that you can dodge also.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I gave up diet Pepsi aLmost 10 weeks ago. I too am not looking back!
  • cardiophile
    Options
    Gave up my diet soda addiction and will agree that the stuff is poison! Haven't had to take an ibuprofen for a headache since, and I was suffering from headaches often. Way to go!!
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I stopped drinking Coca Cola in November. The first week, I allowed myself as much Zero as I wanted, but I didn't want that much. Maybe once a week, sometimes twice, I'll have a Zero. We have canned Coke around the house, and it doesn't bug me. Last night, my husband had a fountain Coke, my downfall. I took a sip, less than a tablespoon. It did NOTHING for me. Granted, Popeyes doesn't have great Coke, but Nada. I was afraid to even have a sip, because I love it so much. But I couldn't care less. THAT feels good. I agree, you can give up soda. If I can, anyone can.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!