Peanut butter

Options

Replies

• tjham1
    tjham1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE peanut butter. SO much that I can't have it in the house. :-(

I discovered PB2 because of this site. I can now eat a bit of PB2 occasionally when the mood strikes without overdoing it. Two TB is 45 cal.

I LIKE PB2 but don't crave it, and that's a good thing.

I ordered mine from Amazon, a two pack with PB2 and PB2 Chocolate. The chocolate is really good!
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Make your own super easy an you can control the ingredients, like sugar and salt content. I made my first batch a couple days ago and ready to make some more.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    If you crave peanut butter, try PB2. It is de-fatted peanut butter and actually pretty good. However, danger Will Robinson, that doesn't mean you can have the entire jar! Just one serving size which is 2 tbsp and not the heaping type. :tongue:
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    lol...anybody else have a JIF promotional banner at the top of this web page?
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Make your own super easy an you can control the ingredients, like sugar and salt content. I made my first batch a couple days ago and ready to make some more.

do you have a recipe please?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Peantubutter is not bad for you. PB2 is bad for you. (its overly processed crap)

If you want to get healthy and fit, just eat real food and move your body. It is really simple.

Now in saying that, a jar of peanutbutter in one setting is not going to do you any favors.
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and jelly. I have compromised and use a 100 calorie toasted Arnold Bread thin, 2 tablespoons of Smucker's natural peanut butter, and two tablespoons of sugar free jelly. This is breakfast for me. 320 calories and it sticks with me for a long time - fiber, fat, protein, good carbs. Peanut butter is a good fat; just be sure to buy natural peanut butter. Eat and enjoy!!!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I had room last night so I treated myself to peanut butter and nutella! Yuuuuuuummmmmmmmy! Anybody can tell me what nutbutter is? Is it better for you?
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butte EVERY DAY!! In moderation of course. Usually a tablespoon a day.
  • wvgirlnfl
    wvgirlnfl Posts: 30
    Options
    Peanut butter is a healthy fat.

All things in too high of a quantity are bad for you, as such, enjoy peanut butter in moderation.

True! Good fat but moderation!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have it in moderation and use a no-sugar natural one. LOVE IT. If I had to pick one food for a desert island stay, it would be PB. = D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter pretty much daily. I prefer 100% natural peanut butter...no added sugar, no added salt. Peanut butter is a nutrient dense food and high in heart healthy fats...being high in fat, it is also a calorie dense food. Just make sure you're accurately measuring out your portions.

Also...just an FYI, there really is no such thing as "fattening"...fat doesn't make you fat, consuming more calories than you burn makes you fat.
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    Peanut Butter is amazing!!!! I eat it everyday. 1-2 tbsp a day. Amazeballs
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Some peanut butter is overly processed and full of crap.

Look for the most natural brand you can find. You will get the nutrition and health benefits of PB without the added processing crap your body doesnt need.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I had room last night so I treated myself to peanut butter and nutella! Yuuuuuuummmmmmmmy! Anybody can tell me what nutbutter is? Is it better for you?

Nut butter would refer to all "butters" made from nuts. Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.
  • MissKris14
    MissKris14 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    PB2. Get some.
  • wvgirlnfl
    wvgirlnfl Posts: 30
    Options
    I recently discovered PB2 - a dehydrated peanut butter. It's seriously amazing in your shakes, you can make a thai peanut type sauce with it, I add it to my Medifast brownies.... the possibilities are endless! And it's only 45 calories for 2 TB.

I love the PB2 in shakes also and I put it in my oatmeal for a little extra protein. I haven't tried mixing it with water and using it for anything else, I love the real stuff too much for that.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I also love PB2 and use it on toast in the morning or in a protein shake. But what I have found is that I have to be careful with measurements. It says 2 TBSP but for me when I fill an actual TBSP and weigh it...I'm at the 12g portion size (That's off the top of my head, I could be off on the grams?). That is why I weigh my portions vs just using measuring cups!
  • owenmcleankerr
    owenmcleankerr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a good fat and very tasty, but make sure you get Whole Earth (all natural and no added salk or sugar) and not any shop brand or Sunpat etc..
    Its good in moderation, I love it in my porridge or with Jam on toast or crackers..
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have replaced my Peanut Butter with Trader Joe's Raw Unsalted Peanut butter. I love it. Its still has the same amount of fat and calories but it does not have a bunch of processed crap. As long as you are staying within your deficit I see no problem.