Husband just deployed need help in everyway!

Options
I am ready for this change! I am now learning to be without him and am ready to make serious change in order to be healthy and to fit in my old clothes again! i want to not only feel better but look better my goal is 25 lbs knowing that I have 50 or so to lose! I just need help! I am going to have challenges ahead of me with the added stress of my husband being in Afghanistan. Anyone who would want to be friends would be welcomed! God bless our troops!

Replies

• susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi you an add me as a friend ,this is a brilliant site been on nearly a week and love it everyone is so nice ,helpful and friendly :smile:
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! You'll find lots of people to cheer you on here! :-)
  • BexC
    BexC Posts: 53
    Options
    Add me if you want sweet xx

and welcome xx
  • challum
    challum Posts: 1
    Options
    It's gonna be hard, but you can definitely do it! And having something else to focus on will help for sure. Feel free to add me if you'd like. =)
  • aubuysgirl
    aubuysgirl Posts: 23
    Options
    My husband is deployed as well. Keep busy and youll be fine..Excercise is a great thing to occupy your time and work of some stress. Send me a friend invite and good luck girl!
  • sangrea
    sangrea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well and i'm always keeping our troops and their families in my prayer
  • mgilley
    mgilley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! My son just returned from Afghanistan 2 weeks ago. I know what you are going through. I pray for our men and women that are over there every single night.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Keep that focus girl! It takes a lot to keep the home fires burning...a big hooah to you & your hubs for your dedication and support to our country. Love our Soldiers!

You are right about staying healthy, especially during stressful times....I worked out everyday that my husband was deployed. He came back extremely lean and I almost kept up with him. You can do the same.

I'm here if you need that special support!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    My fiance has been on a deployment since January, and he won't be back until December (we're hoping), so I can understand the stress!

This is a great community and there are tons of people out here to offer advice and support. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • EmmmyK
    EmmmyK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Emily. I will totally add you as a buddy. This is a great spot to get buddies and share stories.
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You can do it!

I just joined mfp 5 days ago and it has been great so far. Everyone is kind and supportive. I'm not in the same situation as you but know what's it like to be stressed all the time and turning to food. We have to listen to that inner voice--the one saying " I am great and can do great things! I am worth it!" Yes, you are.

Friend me if you'd like and best wishes!
    Angela
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    hi this is a great site to be on lots of friendly people

i will send you a friend request
  • Deanao
    Deanao Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm sure you will rock him when he gets home no matter how you look, but YOU deserve to feel good too. You go girl! We are there for you.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!

You can add me. :0)
  • TubOlard
    TubOlard Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wanted first and foremost to say "Thank You" to you and your husband for your service to this country. I admire you guys for that. Second, I wanted to say that you can do it and good luck to you in your endeavors!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Semper Fi--tell him to say hi to the camel spiders!
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My hubby left a little over a month ago. I totally know all of the emotions that you are going through right now...

I want to look like a new person when he comes home---and that is some great motivation to keep going!!

i'll friend request you and we can support each other! :)
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Semper Fi--tell him to say hi to the camel spiders!

Oooh Rah! :)
  • stongue
    stongue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I have a daughter who is going into the Air Force. I can sympathize with you right now! God bless our troops and the USA. Please feel free to add me as a friend as well. I'm fairly new here also, this going on my fourth week. You will do great with all of the support you will get on MFP. It is amazing how much support there is here:smile:
  • dmvbnoslo
    dmvbnoslo Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What comfort to know that there is nowhere we can go that God can't see. Blessings to both of you.
  • Dietexpert
    Dietexpert Posts: 34
    Options
    You can add me as I know what you are going through. My husband is ex-British Forces after serving 22 years and fought in the first Gulf War 19 years ago. I fully support all our brave servicemen and their families. As said before, keep busy and be strong x